Git connection - Not able to clone Azure Repo

Hi
I am getting the below error while tryng to call image

What is the solution for this. I am also getting the same issue and we are also behind firewall. Does that create a problem to connect repo(azure) to UiPath Team? @loginerror do we have a solution for this ? I found a similar discussion with no solutions suggested

Details of the error:

GIT: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: Unable to clone from the given repository. Please make sure that the remote is available and try again. —> LibGit2Sharp.InvalidSpecificationException: malformed URL ‘Azure DevOps Services | Sign In AP/_git/TTS’
at LibGit2Sharp.Core.Ensure.HandleError(Int32 result)
at LibGit2Sharp.Core.Proxy.git_clone(String url, String workdir, GitCloneOptions& opts)
at LibGit2Sharp.Repository.Clone(String sourceUrl, String workdirPath, CloneOptions options)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Wrappers.RepositoryInit.Clone(String sourceUrl, String workdirPath, CloneOptions options) in d:\a\1\s\Studio\SourceControl\Uipath.Studio.Plugin.Git\Services\Wrappers\RepositoryInit.cs:line 24
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.CloneService.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.b__0() in d:\a\1\s\Studio\SourceControl\Uipath.Studio.Plugin.Git\Services\Core\CloneService.cs:line 41
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.UI.UiAuthenticationSession.Execute[T](Func 1 action) in d:\a\1\s\Studio\SourceControl\Uipath.Studio.Plugin.Git\Services\UI\GitUiAuthenticationSession.cs:line 89 at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.CloneService.CheckoutCore(String uri, String localFolder, IAuthenticationSession authenticationSession) in d:\a\1\s\Studio\SourceControl\Uipath.Studio.Plugin.Git\Services\Core\CloneService.cs:line 41 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.CloneService.CheckoutCore(String uri, String localFolder, IAuthenticationSession authenticationSession) in d:\a\1\s\Studio\SourceControl\Uipath.Studio.Plugin.Git\Services\Core\CloneService.cs:line 49 at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.CloneService.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<Checkout>b__0() in d:\a\1\s\Studio\SourceControl\Uipath.Studio.Plugin.Git\Services\Core\CloneService.cs:line 25 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.Core.CloneService.<Checkout>d__2.MoveNext() in d:\a\1\s\Studio\SourceControl\Uipath.Studio.Plugin.Git\Services\Core\CloneService.cs:line 25 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.UI.CheckOutUiService.<CheckOut_ExecuteInternal>d__16.MoveNext() in d:\a\1\s\Studio\SourceControl\Uipath.Studio.Plugin.Git\Services\UI\CheckOutUiService.cs:line 98 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.SourceControl.Shared.Services.UI.BaseCheckOutUiService 1.<CheckOut_Execute>d__25.MoveNext() in d:\a\1\s\Studio\SourceControl\UiPath.Studio.SourceControl.Shared\Services\UI\BaseCheckOutUiService.cs:line 177
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.SourceControl.Shared.Services.UI.BaseCheckOutUiService 1.<<get_CheckOutCommand>b__11_0>d.MoveNext() in d:\a\1\s\Studio\SourceControl\UiPath.Studio.SourceControl.Shared\Services\UI\BaseCheckOutUiService.cs:line 66 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Shared.MVVM.Commands.TaskCommand 3.d__35.MoveNext() in d:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Shared\MVVM\Commands\TaskCommand.cs:line 281
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.b__6_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

Make sure you are able to connect to git manually or from command prompt (Git Bash) @rahulraj987… And check if the file you are trying to clone have permissions for you to write and edit. Or check if you are behind any firewall or the folder you are cloning the repo is containing files in it.

These are the possible issues for that :slight_smile:

I am able to clone the same repo using cmd,gitbash and sourcetree. Yes the company has some firewall rules but if I can use sourcetree means thre is nothing that blocks me from cloning it. When I try to push the changes from UiPath also I am getting the below error(I opened a project cloned via source tree).
Error: LibGit2Sharp.LibGit2SharpException: failed to send request: A connection with the server could not be established
@HareeshMR

Hi @rahulraj987

I have found some info that to clone from an https repository you need to use the token:

Cloning from github over https is only possible by using a token with SSO enabled;
user = your user name
password = token

Could you try? :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue. Dit someone found the solution yet?

For me the issue has been the firewall as per the latest conclusion. I am able to do the same from the Azure VMs. But my local pc is behind firewall. I have raised a request to UiPath to get the ip range and/or port while it try to access azure devops repos. Then I can request my IT team to unblock that

I’m having the same issue. Dit someone found the solution yet?

Any answer from uipath?

@fferron @svanhoore @rahulraj987
Fix is removing spaces from your Git repo name. For some unknown reason UiPath cannot support spaces in URLs - don’t pay any attention to how everyone else does it.

This error is indicated from the following message:
LibGit2Sharp.InvalidSpecificationException: malformed URL ‘Azure DevOps Services | Sign In AP/_git/TTS’

You will notice the space between “Finance” and “AP”

1 Like

Since exception message is malformed URL, removing space in URL should work. I also faced same issues and resolved the same from Project and repository name.

Try with newser patch. Shoud be fixed