Unable to authenticate using Get Asset/ Get Credentials

When attempting to log into an application, the robot is able to key in the username and password (that has been declared previously from “Get Credential” activity), but apparently, the robot is facing some authentication error. I have also checked that both username and password are correct, no typo.

But, if the robot attempts to type the password without the password declared, it would not face any authentication error. (E.g. “12345apple” inside CV Type Into Activity)

Just would like to know if there’s any way to declare my password and not get any authentication error? Or could someone kindly explain why I’m facing this? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @wootberries24

Welcome to Uipath Community Buddy

Buddy instead of type into activity here
use Type Secure Text activity buddy
the reason is the output of the get credentials is of type secure string buddy and trying to type secure string as string like this ThePassword.ToString
it wont work buddy
so use Type secure Text activity that would take secure string as input and type into the password field and just mention the input as ThePassword the variable you obtained from Get Credentials

use this buddy

Kindly let know whether this works or not buddy ! @wootberries24
if this works kindly close this topic with this comment marked as solution that could help others looking for ideas under your topic @wootberries24
Cheers…

3 Likes

Did that work buddy @wootberries24

Any issues still buddy @wootberries24

Hey! Thank you buddy! :slight_smile:

The thing is I’m using UiPath’s computer vision activity as I need to capture some elements in the pc which the normal click is unable to do so and they currently do not have Type Into secure text activity.
But I’ll take note of what you said and try another method to use the secure text and update you!

Appreciate it!!!

1 Like

No worries @wootberries24
If so Buddy this could help you buddy @wootberries24

String plainStr=new System.Net.NetworkCredential(string.Empty, secureStr).Password;

for more information take a look at this buddy

Cheers

1 Like

were you able to convert now buddy @wootberries24

1 Like

Hi buddy! Thank you so much for your help! I got it to work via using the assign activity by using the following: new System.Net.NetworkCredential(string.Empty, ThePassword).Password

Cheers!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats great buddy
Cheers @wootberries24

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.