UiPathStudio.msi does not let me install Robot alone

Hello Forum Members,

I have the UiPathStudio.msi with the 19.4.3 version. When I run the setup, after accepting the terms and conditions the setup does not go to the screen that provides options where I can select to install just the robot and not the studio. The setup skips that options selection screen and directly install Studio and the Robot.

@ovi

I want to install just the Robot on the production server and could someone please guide me in this manner.

Best regards.

1 Like

Hi @haider8645,

To be honest I believe there is no option to do that.
UiPath Studio and Robot seem to be tied together and that actually has some sense to it - even on production machines you sometimes need to manually open the machine and studio and do some debugging :slight_smile: (studio running on a machine with a prod license will actually prompt you that its supposed to be used only for debugging purposes)

If you worry about some users getting an unwanted access to UiPath Studio you can limit or disable the possibility to open it via system settings and the robot will be just fine :).

Best Regards,
Filip

Thank you for the response but I think it is possible… I will wait for someone from UiPath to answer this question.

Hi @haider8645,

Just checked and you’re right :slight_smile: UiPathPlatformInstaller.exe does not give the option to install Robot alone but UiPathStudio.msi does :slight_smile:

Instead clicking Install on the license agreement page, simply go to advanced options

And only after that proceed to the installation :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!
Best Regards,
Filip

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.