UiPath.UiFactory method not found error message

In order to keep all our processes updated and to avoid any outdated packages from being included, every other Friday I’ve been checking the Manage Packages window for updates to any packages I have in my process. Today I did one of these core packages updates and ran into a problem with one of our bots. This is the first time since I’ve started these bi-weekly package updates that I’ve seen an error that wasn’t related to the business process.

First, here’s a list of all the packages this project is using and their versions.

Here is the activity that is throwing the error and its details.
image

And here is the actual error message that comes up when debugging and opening an instance with the current definition (circled).


I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling the UiPath.System and UiPath.UiAutomations packages as well as downgrading them a couple of versions but it kept producing the same error messages. I couldn’t find any other articles anywhere that covered this specific issue so here I am.

Does anyone have any idea what this means and how I can mitigate this? This process is responsible for a workload that can get backlogged pretty quickly if not ran so time is of the essence.

Thank you

Hello @Kyle_Shahenian!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

  1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

  2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

  3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

  4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

  5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hello @Kyle_Shahenian ,

We had the same problem with a robot with the same problem (open browser via library), and aftewards we couldn’t even use a open browser.

We tried the same things as you did, upgrade, downgrade, remove project an create new, etc.

The solution was removing the package “UIPATH” with version 21.4.22.50830 from the dependencies and it started working without problems.

See if this solves your problem as well.

Thank you Luis, that seemed to have fixed the issue with this one process and another process that had the same browser problem. Marking as solution.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.