Create recording but can't play because selector not found

Hi all,
I’m trying to create recording and play recording.
The problem is, it can’t play until the end because uipath throw an error that selector not found.

Please help, since I’m new with uipath
Thanks

@Wahyu_Kurniawan

Could you please debug the workflow and share where you are getting error and help me that selector of that activity. So, that we can help you.

Please follow the courses. You’ll see there are cases where the selectors do change while navigating a page.

Hi @Wahyu_Kurniawan,

Try to identify the activity which is throwing this error. Usually in such errors, UiPath Studio highlights the faulted activity. Try to debug and understand the what exactly is causing the problem from the error dialog box/Outline window.

Try to go through the UiPath Academy to get a basic understanding on how to identify the selectors that work best for you, what are dynamic selectors, etc.

Let us know if you need further assistance! :slight_smile:

Regards,
Abdullah

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

I already use UI explorer and validating the selector.
The result is successfully validated.

@Wahyu_Kurniawan

In your case ‘Title’ and ‘aaname’ will change every time. Use wildcard entries like ‘*’ to make selectors dynamic.

title = ‘
aaname = '

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you mean.
The selector is auto generated while recording the activity.
Could you please elaborate what you mean.

Really appreciate your reply. Thank you.

Please DO FOLLOW the courses. Then we will speak a common language.

@lakshman it is pointless to try to guide someone that just got the software and wants to implement a solution… Everyone working with UiPath should go through the academy

which course? I already follow the course

In the courses on the Academy there is a clear explanation on how to change and adapt selectors to use partial matching by using * for names that are dynamic.

Ok… let me check there.
Thank you