UiPath Studio Is Launching Robot Service Even Though It Is Disabled. How can I stop this?

Hi,

So I am trying to work in UiPath Studio but an error message keeps disrupting me about every 5 minutes. The title of the error prompt that comes up says “UiPath Studio Error” and the message says “Could not connect to UiPath Robot Service. Make sure the service is started!”.

I do not want this message to come up. I have disabled the Robot Service by going into Start > Run > Services.Msc > Stop UiPath Robot Service

But that does not prevent the message from coming up still. It seems like to me that UiPath Studio is trying to kick off the program automatically for some reason.

Any ideas on why this might be happening and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Mark S.

I am fairly certain that studio uses a robot when you execute a process through it while developing, so thats probably why.

If I am incorrect, then I have no idea.

I found out that the issue is not specific to Ui Path Studio. The Virtual Machine I am working on presses the F11 key automatically every 5 minutes.

So when I am in Microsoft Excel, a worksheet with a new Chart will appear and if I’m in Ui Path Studio, the program will perform the action of running I believe in debug mode.

Press F11 when you are in Ui Path Studio and you will see what I mean. Has anyone else had this issue? It could just be my Virtual Machine.