UiPath Studio 2022.4.1 breaks local file access on my local robot through Assistant

Hi there. I submitted a ticket to UiPath support (because I am licensed with Enterprise) but I noticed an issue with the latest version of Studio 2022.4.1 and I just wanted to post it here.

When I run an automation with UiPath Studio 2022.4.1 (the newest version, just released) my robot does not seem to be able to access a file that is on my C:\ drive.

Before I upgraded to 2022.4.1 it worked just fine. But now I have an issue with my local robot accessing that file.

When I run the automation IN studio through debug or “Run”, it works fine. But when it runs from a package that was published to Orchestrator on my local machine through UiPath Assistant it does not seem to work.

Maybe some kind of robot permission issue?

Anyway, 2022.4.1 breaks existing compatibility with file access in this case.

Hi,

FYI, it might be same issue with the following. (not solved yet…)

Regards,

3 Likes

Hi @oscar

Could you share the snippet of how you are accessing the file (which activity and its setup)?

EDIT.
Please see here, it is most likely the cause:

1 Like

Hi @Yoichi, thanks for the share. Yes, this looks like the exact same problem that I am experiencing.

1 Like

Hi @loginerror,

I can confirm that I am using an In argument which is given a default value in the main workflow in the arguments panel.

The argument is a string which is the file path of a JSON file used in the workflow. For example, the file path is something like: “C:\JSON_Files\json_file1.json”.

When the argument with the JSON file path as a string is used in the next activity, the error message reads: “Cannot find the file on disk. Make sure the path is correct.”

But the path is correct and the file exists. So it must be that the argument is being “lost” somehow, when it is called in UiPath Assistant like the user @nosawa experiences.

Anyway, I just downgraded to Studio 2021.4.5 and my processes run from Assistant are working fine again with no changes to the code. Will wait a bit before updating Studio to 2022.4.1…

Hi,

I’m fairly certain that my issue is related.

Since upgrading to 2022.4.1, I can’t access the local .xaml files in the unattended machine through UiPath studio. I haven’t checked every single folder so I’m not 100% sure, but this seems to happen only in folders that I’ve deployed after the upgrade. I’m logged in with a user with full permissions.

Full log:

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:\Users\servicos.rpaprod.nuget\packages\universalresortsstopsales\1.0.2\lib\net45\Main.xaml’ is denied.
at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
at System.IO.Strategies.FileStreamHelpers.ChooseStrategy(FileStream fileStream, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.FinishInitUriString()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl…ctor(String uriStr, XmlReaderSettings settings, XmlParserContext context, XmlResolver uriResolver)
at System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.CreateReader(String inputUri, XmlParserContext inputContext)
at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri, XmlReaderSettings settings)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Document.XamlDocumentReader.ReadAsync(String path)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.GetFactoryByPath(String path) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.ResolveFactory(OpenInformation openInfo)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.OpenAsync(OpenInformation openInfo) at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.OpenEntryPoint() at UiPath.Studio.App.Desktop.MVVM.Commands.TaskCommand3.Execute(TExecuteParameter parameter, Boolean ignoreCanExecuteCheck)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.b__128_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2147024891

I’ve also notice that these “new” folders have a new file named “bindings_v2.json”

1 Like

Hi again, @loginerror @Yoichi and @andre.f.pires,

Error still existing in UiPath Studio 22.4.3, I just installed it and tried it out and I still have the same issue.

Hi @oscar,

Yes, I can confirm that on my end too.