UiPath Studio 2022.4.1 breaks local file access on my local robot through Assistant

Can you provide the zip folder with the project to test internally if we can replicate the same?

Hi @marian.platonov, sure. Will send you a PM with details.

Also, I just upgraded to 2022.4.5 to see if it was fixed in this newer version and it is not fixed. The issue is still in 2022.4.5. Please tell me you can fix this annoying bug!!!

Strings that are only added and stored in arguments are not being seen by the Robot!! This is a huge issue.

@marian.platonov , @loginerror, @Yoichi, and back here one last time (for now) to mention that when I assign the value directly to a string in the workflow using an Assign activity, the string is properly read.

Use the Assign activity for the file path or the Browse for file button.

Well, yes, that works fine when I manually assign the file path as a string directly in that activity.

It just doesn’t work when I assign an argument a value in the argument panel, it’s like UiPath Robot / UiPath assistant is not able to read that value. BUT IT USED TO WORK FINE BEFORE 2022.4.* STUDIO VERSION.

Are you able to replicate the issue on your PC?

Just tested it and this issue is not fixed in UiPath Studio / Robot / Assistant 2022.4.6.

Hi,

Indeed, the default values assigned to input arguments in Studio (no matter the data type) are not used in Assistant (they are not visible in Assistant in Process details tab and they are not used when the process runs). This is also mentioned in our docs.
We understand that it’s not the preferred behavior for you and we are currently working on changing this.

Thanks,
Elena

Hi @ElenaBuchir, thanks for your message. This is a new change in 2022.* then, because in 2021.*, these default values were used when the process was run through Assistant. Would be glad for this to be changed so that the default values are used, or at the very least, to throw some kind of error when there are arguments assigned like that, so the user knows that they will not be used in the process.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.