Robot - chrome extension doesn’t work

I have Uipath version(studio, orchestrator, robot) 2017.1.6522.I have problem after publishing process to orchestrator and running with robot.With studio everything work perfect.

I have this error : Execution error : UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension.\r\n at UiPath.UiBrowserClass.Open(String bstrURL, UiBrowserFlags flag)\r\n at UiPath.Core.Browser.Open(String url, Boolean privateSession, Boolean headlessSession, Boolean defaultSession)\r\n — End of inner exception stack trace —\r\n at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext

I use the same version
studio - chrome - Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit), extension 9.0.6421
robot - chrome - Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit), extension 9.0.6421

Any idea? I’m looking for another solution but I didn’t reinstall robot because this version doesn’t have chrome extension, I reinstall only chrome browser extension.

@Brano Check these two sites out - Extension for Chrome and rpageek.com - This website is for sale! - RPA geek Resources and Information.

Fine
Welcome back to uipath community
To be always better irrespective of any upgrade use IE Browser
If there is no other go and need to use chrome browser the use the same and ensure that chrome extension is installed in the machine where we are going to run this process
Also make sure that certain properties like simulate click is enabled in click activity property panel and
And simulate type is enabled in type into activity

Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification

Cheers @Brano

Hello and thank you for answer.

I couldn’t use IE because testing app. which is not supported with IE11, I’m not sure about EDGE, but I think EDGE is
not supported by Uipath or I’m wrong?

I use the same version chrome and extension on both machine.

My process crash in first step open browser only URL link , maximize window and element exist

image002.png

1 Like

Fine

IE will be working fine
Did these steps helped you before using IE

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.uipath.com/kb-articles/internet-explorer-automation-troubleshooting%3Fhs_amp%3Dtrue

Kindly ensure once that the browser type in open browser is chosen as chrome if chrome used or IE
Cheers @Brano

I would like explain it again.I don’t have problem with studio.Everything works perfect.I have problem after publishing to robot.I used this rpageek.com is available for purchase - Sedo.com
but I’m not sure the points bellow point “Check if the Chrome extension process is running” it’s for studio and robot too??
I don’t have ChromeNativeMessaging.exe on both machine.

Hello again,

I don’t have problem with IE.

I have to use Chrome because this application isn’t supported by IE.

With studio works it perfect, my problem is after publishing to robot.

Hello Jarzzz,

your link https://rpageek.com/uipath-chrome-extension/ was helpful but with small change in point bellow.

Reinstall the extension if the ChromeNativeMessaging.exe is missing

Remove the Chrome extension and install it from the Studio. Open UiPath Studio, select Tools > Extensions > Chrome Extension .- this is solution works maybe for studio but I need it for robot.
I found solution.
I have to export registry file from my PC with studio and run it on PC with robot a copy file manifest.json. After that, everything works perfect.

Thank you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.