Uipath custom id

the html code of the place I want to print on the page generates uipath_custom_id after one time. is there a way to prevent this?

Hi @sinem_civelek,

I know the post is quite old, but I found no less than 4 similar questions on the forum, all unanswered so far, so I thought a solution might come in handy for some of the forum users.

My scenario was more or less comparable:
the bot was generating some new rows for a HTML classic table in a web app however, besides the 1st generated row, it failed to recognize (by that meaning that I couldn’t even [re]indicate the element to the bot, it was simply not “seeing” it) any other additional ones, no matter how much would I refine the selector. Anyhow, this behavior was only apparent if I had the bot operating in the app, while everything seemed to be fine when performing the same actions manually.

What was actually happening is that the UiPath chrome extension was assigning a certain “uipath_custom_id[s]” to the 1st row when it was generated, then wrongfully using the very same one[s] for any other row that followed - so it was perpetually detecting the 1st row only, no matter how many other were there.

Took a while to figure this out, but once identified, the solution that did it for me was quite simple - injecting a JS snippet on the page after each new row was generated, to remove that uipath id attribute:

"
function Remove_UiPath_IDs ()
{
var Target_Elements = document.getElementsByTagName(‘YourTargetElementTagHere’)
for (var i = 0; i < Target_Elements.length; i++)
{
Target_Elements[i].removeAttribute(‘uipath_custom_id’);
}
}
"

As shown here: