This topic goes in-depth about the improvements in various Activities. To read about other products, please navigate to the main topic here.
IMPORTANT: Some packages require Studio 21.10 or higher. On lower versions some functionality may be missing, or unexpected behaviours may occur.
Save Mail, Save Mail Attachments, Create HTML Content and IMAP, SMTP and POP3 activities of UiPath.Mail.Activities package can be used in a Cross-platform Studio project.
- Using Word documents as bodies is not supported.
- In HTML Editor, available in activities like Create HTML Content or Send Email, inserting images from clipboard does not work for cross-platform projects, you will get a runtime error.
- File system limitations:
- Absolute file paths will not work if the workflow was created based on a Windows file system and will run on Linux (or vice versa). Only relative paths will work, and of those, usually only paths that are within the current project folder.
- File paths starting with “\” or “/” are considered relative on Windows but are absolute on Linux. Ensure your paths, relative or otherwise, never start with “\” or “/”.
- Furthermore, “\” is a valid path separator on Windows but not on Linux. We try to handle this transparently for you, but it may fail in certain scenarios, thus leading to “invalid path” errors.
The Use Desktop Outlook App application cards now allow UI Automations related to the referenced window, without the addition of a Use Application/Browser card. The UI Automation for desktop Outlook can be simply done within the initial application card. This should help simplify the design and avoid nesting activities, making it easier to automate Outlook-related activities with UI Automation.
- There is a new activity Get Email By Id that retrieves the email with the specified ID. This activity can be used within Use Gmail, Use Outlook 365, and Use Desktop Outlook App scope activities. The ID to pass to this activity can come from an Integration Service Trigger or can be the output of another process. Having a MailMessage object, you can access the Id via MailMessage.Headers(“Uid”).
- Use Desktop Outlook App activity got a new parameter “Account mismatch behavior” which indicates how the activity should behave in case the email account cannot be matched on the machine where the workflow is running. There are two possibilities to choose from: Fail or UseDefaultEmailAccount.
- For Each Email activity has a new parameter “Retrieve attachments” that allows you to specify whether to retrieve the attachments along with the email. If you are not interested in doing something with the attachments (i.e., saving them on disk), it is recommended to not retrieve them at all.
- Save Attachments and Save Email Attachments activities now offer the possibility to exclude inline attachments from saving by unchecking the “Exclude Inline Attachments” option.
- Reply To Outlook Mail Message activity was enhanced with new parameters: ReplyFrom, NewSubject, Importance, and Additional Recipients (BCC, CC, To).
- MailMessage object’s headers is enriched now with properties “References” and “InReplyTo”. Change is available for the activities Get Exchange Mail Messages , Get Outlook Mail Messages , Get IMAP Mail Messages , Get POP3 Mail Messages .
- Microsoft Graph version has been upgraded to 4.5.0.
Activities Use Gmail and Use Outlook365 support now authentication tokens storage on the machines with operating systems other than Microsoft Windows (eg. OS X, Linux).
- Package title has been updated to “Mail”. Now when searching for UiPath.Mail.Activities, the package title will be displayed as “Mail”.
- Activities “Use Outlook 365” and “Use Gmail” support now multiple connections, which means that any connection created in Integration Service is also available for selection within the activities.
- SMTP and IMAP activities are now enriched with the property “Ignore CRL” which if enabled will skip the Certificate Revocation List validation step. Using this option can come in handy for those working in air-gapped environments.
- Microsoft Graph version has been upgraded to 4.5.0. When running Mail activities together with activities from other packages, conflicts might occur if the other packages rely on older Microsoft Graph versions. To ensure automations work as expected, please upgrade all packages to the latest versions.
- Now Send Exchange Mail Message activity does not send anymore the inline attachments as normal attachments, when the activity is used to forward an existing email.
- An issue has been fixed in Save Email Attachments that caused the activity to not save the expected attachments. This happened when using two successive Save Email Attachments activities for the same email but with different filters.
- An issue has been fixed in Save Mail Message that caused the activity to fail when the resulting file was set to be created in the project root folder.
- For Each Mail activity’s incorrect behavior when using shared mailbox address in Windows (.net 5.0) projects has been fixed.
- The visual aspect of filter builder within activity “For Each Email” has been improved. Now it displays the conditions rows as expected when filling in values and allows usage of OR condition. Having the OR condition in the configured filters also takes in account the ‘Unread’ option from the activity configurations.
- Adding images in HTML editor for Cross-platform projects now run smoothly, without any errors at run time.
- Retrieving inline attachments is now possible with the activity “Get IMAP Mail Messages”.
Many of the activities from UiPath.Excel.Activities package are available now for a cross-platform (.NET 5) Studio process. Excel Workbook activities as well as CSV activities can be used in a new cross-platform project in Studio.
In order to use these, you’ll need to update your Excel package to latest
- Keep excel file open can be used keep the Excel file opened after running the task instead of closing it. It can be used to review the file after a task is run.
- Resize window can be used to resize the Excel window file, with the options None, Minimize and Maximize. If you have set Show Excel Windows to false in the Project Settings, the Resize window property will be ignored as the Excel windows will be hidden at runtime.
Create Pivot Table and Refresh Pivot Table have the Layout property, which enhances the layout and format. The compact form optimizes for readability, while tabular and outline forms include file headers.
It gives the ability to use the MATCH function. Given an item, it will search for it in a range of cells and return the relative position of that item.
Many of the activities from UiPath.Word.Activities package are available now for a cross-platform (.NET 5) Studio process. When creating a new cross-platform project, install a recent version of the Word package. The activities available are Append Text, Read Text & Replace Text in Document.
The Use Word File now allow UI Automations related to their referenced window, without the addition of a Use Application/Browser card. The UI Automation for a Word file can be simply done within the initial application card. This should help simplify the design and avoid nesting activities, making it easier to automate Word-related activities with UI Automation.
Add Text to Slide* has an option to clear the existing text in the content placeholder before adding the text to it.
New property New Shape Name giving the ability to change the name of the shape in the slide. Can be found on the following activities:
- Add Image / Video to Slide
- Add File to Slide
Format Slide Content: option to Change shape name, allowing you to edit the name of the shape in the slide
The Else If activity has been ported from Studio into StudioX. The activity is useful when multiple conditions must be evaluated.
For Each File in Folder and For Each Folder in Folder have an option to skip items where access is denied. This is to avoid cases where the run would be interrupted.
Change type has been added to allow you to change the data type of a variable, with the additional capability to change the format.