What is the best way to automate outlook

I see outlook activities under 2 sections, which of this should be used?

There is no best way. It depends on what you want to achieve with your Outlook automation.

App Integration Activities

The activities grouped under App Integration cover various protocols such as IMAP, POP3, and SMTP, or are specialized in working with Outlook and Exchange.

Activities such as Save Mail Message and Save Attachments are not intended to be used with certain mail protocols. Instead, they save the MailMessage object variable retrieved from activities such as Get POP3 Mail Message to a specified folder on the current machine.

For Exchange, the Mail Activities Pack contains the Exchange Scope activity, which is a container that can establish a connection to an Exchange mail server and perform various tasks within it, such as deleting, retrieving, moving or sending mail messages in a single run.

Important!

The UiPath.Mail.Activities pack is compatible with the following Microsoft Exchange versions:
Office 365

Integrations Activities

The activities grouped under Integrations are newer mail activities that were initially designed for the StudioX profile. These activities can automate the Outlook desktop application, Outlook 365 online and Gmail accounts.

Notes:

Please read the below documentation:

About the Mail Activities Package (Activities - About the Mail Activities Package): Activities - About the Mail Activities Package
Get Outlook Mail Messages(UiPath.Mail.Outlook.Activities.GetOutlookMailMessages): Activities - Get Outlook Mail Messages
Send Outlook Mail Message (UiPath.Mail.Outlook.Activities.SendOutlookMail): Activities - Send Outlook Mail Message
Use Desktop Outlook App(UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.OutlookApplicationCard):Activities - Use Desktop Outlook App
Use Outlook 365(UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.ExchangeApplicationCard):Activities - Use Outlook 365

@marian.platonov -

I hope all is well. If you have a minute, can you review my Azure App API Permissions? I am looking to access “Use Outlook 365” specifically for the “Save Email Attachments” activity. I followed the instruction for configuring the Azure ad for outlook 365 automation, links below.

I must be missing something…because I receive an error message to contact my administrator who can grant permissions to this application on my behalf.

From your review, do you have any suggestions of additional API permissions, I should add? I appreciate your help!

Use Outlook 365 (UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.ExchangeApplicationCard):

Configuring the Azure ad for outlook 365 automation

These permissions you need to add:

Read carefully the documentation. As you are using your own application in Azure AD, you are fully responsible for how you are configuring it.

@marian.platonov - I validated and have the recommended API permissions.

I found that I am unable to connect “Use Outlook 365” in Studio, but it works in Studio X. If I initially create my project in Studio X, and then change my profile to Studio the activity will convert and connect.

It is a unique approach. Just wanted to share. Thanks!!