UiPath Assistant does not open when clicked

Using Studio 2023.4.4. Problem also existed with 2023.4.3.

I am trying to migrate from our on premises Orchestrator to cloud based orchestrator.
I am having two problems:

The first I cannot open UiPath assistant.
The second, is that when I try to link studio (on the robot machine) to the new orchestrator it returns “could not find host”. I think that it is still on some level still connected to the old orchestrator.

When I uninstall, reboot, and reinstall 2023.4.4, it still has memorized the on premises URL for orchestrator from the previous install. Assistant still does not work.

I’ve searched the forums and found a suggestion to run assistant from cmd line with --simple-notifications switch. This returns the below lines:

2023-11-15T18:28:06.665Z making sure files are closed…
2023-11-15T18:28:06.672Z all files are closed

then nothing happens. when I hit enter it returns to the cmd line.

Appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks

Try this approach:

· Go to Control Panel → Programs → Apps and Features → Uninstall the UiPath Platform Installer (if exists) and UiPath Studio

After the UiPath Studio/Robot uninstallation, delete the below folders if exist:

· The settings in the folders %PROGRAMDATA%\UiPath, %LOCALAPPDATA%\UiPath, and %APPDATA%\UiPath
· The packages folder %USERPROFILE%\.nuget\packages
· The NuGet cache folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\NuGet\v3-cache
· The Assistant processes folder in the Windows Start menu %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\UiPath Assistant Automations and %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\UiPath Assistant Processes
· The content from the %temp% folder
· Restart the machine
· Install again the UiPath Studio/Robot using this installer https://download.uipath.com/versions/23.4.5/UiPathStudio.msi
· Use UiPath Assistant to connect your robot to Orchestrator. If you still cannot use assistant, use the command lines to connect the robot to Orchestrator.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.