UiARD question: "Assuming the element is loaded, how much time will pass before the Element Exists activity is executed in Debug mode?"

and

grafik

I took 200ms which was wrong
grafik

Can someone explain to me the possible answers and most importantly which one is correct.

Because for me any answer is wrong, and the answer should be 0ms as there should not be any Timeout or delay on the activity.

1 Like

I have the same question. I even built out a similar workflow to time the execution with the exact same Project Settings and Element Exists properties. I got a time around 237 milliseconds. If anyone can explain why 200ms isn’t the answer, that would be great.

1 Like

Same issue here.

I have the same issue :saluting_face:

any update?

Tried again with 300 as answer and got it right, but didn’t understand why.

1 Like

Interesting. Almost like the answers are swapped, the question clearly asks about before the activity but the answer looks like it’s representing after the activity.

But I had a look in the docs. I cannot see anywhere that the Element Exists has a delay before or after. So the right answer needs to be 0ms. I really don’t get it.

1 Like

Not in the properties panel, but when checking the Project Settings for UI Automation Classic Activities, the description tells that the DelayBefore and DelayAfter as well as the Timeout settings apply to all UI Automation activities. So, it technically should. Hoping we can get some kind of explanation soon.