UI path queues

thanks silviu.

when i set postpone property during adding into queue or after getting the items from queue and change items status to postpone , it postpone the item to the date 1 less than i mentioned in property. for example if i set postpone date to 31-10-2018 for an item , the same item in the orchestrator its postpone date change to 30-10-2018. 1 day less than the mentioned date with fixed time 8:00PM

@Silviu
Can you tell me about postpone date ?

when i set postpone property during adding into queue or after getting the items from queue and change items status to postpone , it postpone the item to the date 1 less than i mentioned in property. for example if i set postpone date to 31-10-2018 for an item , the same item in the orchestrator its postpone date change to 30-10-2018. 1 day less than the mentioned date with fixed time 8:00PM

i find the solution thanks.

@ghazanfar Can you please let us know the solution.

@Silviu,
I have a case when I send two items to the queue. One of them is postponed.
While getting queue items, I receive both of them. Why it occurs? According to what you’ve written, postponed items shouldn’t present there.

You Postpone an item for a limited time, like 1 hour, or 2 days. After that time, the item will be allocated for processing - sent to a Get Transaction Item request.

@Slavich for how long did you postponed your item and when you tried to process it? Also, how did you requested for the queue item, which activity?

1 Like

@Silviu, thanks for the quick respond.

I tried different dates in future: tomorrow, next month.

By “Get Queue Items” activity.

The problem is that it doesn’t recognize that items are postponed and runs them.

Get Queue Items is not “running” the transactions, it will not set the transaction “In Progress”. That activity should be used only to query for items in a Queue, to check whatever you have in a Queue.

You should use the Get Transaction Item activity to grab a new item from the Queue and start a transaction. That way, the items in the postpone period will not be processed. Don’t forget to Set Transaction Status at the end.

2 Likes

I’ve got the point.
Thanks a lot, @Silviu

1 Like