"Type Into" activity scrolls past text box

Hi,

I’m trying to use the “Type Into” function to type into a text box on a web page, however, the type into function seems to scroll past the text box every time and thus misses clicking and typing into it. I’ve tried using the “Keyboard Shortcuts” activity to scroll down the page to the text box, but the length of the page is variable, so the text box could be 5 down arrows away or 15 down arrows away.

Is there a way to work around this? I’ve used the “Type Into” function before, and never had an issue with it missing the text box like this.

Hi @Garrett_Mindrup ,

If it’s web Automation then try to check simulate property of type into.

It doesn’t matter if page is scrollable it will type the value.

If this doesn’t work try with SendWindowMessages property by enabling it.

Just remember don’t check both option at the same time it will show error.

@Garrett_Mindrup

You can try with Set Focus activity and keep your Type Into activity It always focus on the element

Also you can enable the simulate property and also you try with Set Text activity also

Hope this may help you

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually ended up creating a work around by using a Click Activity on a spot near the text box. That got my screen close to the text box and then from there, the Type Into activity had no problem clicking into the text box.

I’ll look forward to looking into the Simulate Property next time.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually ended up creating a work around by using a Click Activity on a spot near the text box. That got my screen close to the text box and then from there, the Type Into activity had no problem clicking into the text box.

I’ll have to try out the Set Focus Activity next time.

Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.