How to resolve when the error "The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure" is obtained?
Error Description: "The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure" while trying to connect Robot to Orchestrator.
Scenario 1 : Self Signed Certificate is used in Orchestrator, in that case, the same has to be imported on the Robot machine.
Resolution : Follow the below approach -
- Export the certificate used in the Orchestrator machine
- Copy the certificate on the Robot machine from where it is tried to connect to Orchestrator
- Start a new MMC from the run command
- File --> Add/Remove Snap-In
- Click Add
- Choose Certificates and click Add
- Check the "Computer Account" radio button. Click Next
- Choose the client computer on the next screen. Click Finish
- Click Close
- Click OK
- Now install the certificate into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities certificate store. This will allow all users to trust the certificate.
Scenario 2 : Orchestrator is using a certificate generated from a trusted authority.
- Check if intermediate certificates are installed on the Robot machine
- If they are missing the same needs to be imported on the Robot machine
- Local IT team from the organization shall be able to help .