While browsing the Orchestrator website hosted in IIS it is showing 500 Internal Server Error.
Please follow the below steps to find the root cause of the issue :
- Go to Windows -> Run -> Type in "Inetmgr"
- Expand Sites -> Select the Orchestrator website -> Right Click on it and click on "Explore"
- Now look for web.config file, and make the following changes as explained below.
- Set the CustomErrors mode to = "Off" as shown in the screenshot below. (Make sure it's capital "O" and small "f")
5. Set the httpErrors errorMode = "Detailed" as shown in the screenshot below.
6. Save the web.config file and Restart the Website from IIS.
7. Now browse the page and you should see a detailed error message.
Scenarios we have came across:
Issue 1: In case you get the details error as below :
Solution 1:- Please follow below steps :
1. Open IIS -> Orchestrator website -> Connection Strings
2. Connection Strings (update the connection )
3. Provide the server name , database name , username , password which is used to connect to the same database.
4. Follow the same approach for both the connection string.
5. Restart the website from IIS.
This should fix the issue. Now launch the Orchestrator
Issue 2 : Verify the Application Pool details & reapply
IIS -> Application Pool -> Advanced settings -> Identity -> Custom Account -> Set Credentials -> Provide Domain\Username & password.
Recycling option of the Application Pool. Please refer to below screenshot:
Solution 3 :
- IIS → Orchestrator website → Bindings → Select https bindings → Check SSL certificate → Select the appropriate certificate → Restart the website
Issue 2: In case the following error is present: "Cannot add duplication collection entry of type "add""
The above error comes up due to multiple entries of "verbs" trying to be added, due to the following reasons.
Solution 1: Validate presence of multiple web.config files under Orchestrator installation folder In this scenario, the duplicate web.config file must be removed accordingly.
Solution 2: Validate presence of a applicationhost.config file under Orchestrator installation folder, which has the same <add verb> tags present in the web.config file. If yes, then remove the duplicate verbs from the applicationhost.config file.