To search in webpage not having any Search box

Hi @Gabriele_Camilli

I believe you were guiding me correctly. I changed my approach and using Send Hotkey feature to find the name (2) and then using the click activity against it (3).
Now, though its running for name “Rollup” but if i am changing the name to some other like “Prepare plan” then also its running “Rollup” as indicated element for click was against “rollup”. Any suggestions how can i make it dynamic. Any pointers are much appreciated.

@Priyadharshini78 Thanks a lot for your suggestions and advise as well. It was really helpful.

2 Likes

Can you show me a screenshot of the step?

It seems you have something hard coded and not pointing to the variable

Hi @Gabriele_Camilli,

Please find below the screenshot. In screenshot itself i tried explaining the logic i created.
Many thanks.!

It seems that the value of that element is not parametrized, maybe it is anchored only on “Rollup”?

Try to modify the selector with this method:

On the item “click” open the menù and click on Edit Selector

Then Right Click on “aaname” and “Choose Variable”

Then you shoul resolve the problem you had before modifying the selector

Hi @Gabriele_Camilli

“aaname” is not coming for the “click” activity. Is it some which needs to be added manually. Below is the screenshot.

The “aaname” should be on the anchor, can you try to open Ui Explorer and anchor the element to the corrisponding text? That element will probably have “aaname”

Hi @Gabriele_Camilli

Initially below code is coming in selector.
html app=‘firefox.exe’ htmlwindowname=‘3olerzgii’ title=‘EPM Cloud Planning: EPMCERT’ /
webctrl parentid=‘zr10:0:zt0:0:pt1:t1::db’ tag=‘TABLE’ idx=‘1’ /
webctrl tableCol=‘5’ tag=‘TD’ idx=‘1’ /

After doing anchor its not adding the “aaname” instead just adding two more lines. So code in selector gets updated to below:

html app=‘firefox.exe’ htmlwindowname=‘3olerzgii’ title=‘EPM Cloud Planning: EPMCERT’ /
webctrl parentid=‘zr10:0:zt0:0:pt1:t1::db’ tag=‘TABLE’ idx=‘1’ /
webctrl tableCol=‘5’ tag=‘TD’ idx=‘1’ /
nav up=‘1’ /
webctrl tableCol=‘5’ tag=‘TD’ /

Though i can select aaname from checkbox in UI explorer but its adding below line which i am not sure what to update:

’ Type Name Description Permission Launch’ would be updated to ‘{{parameter}}’ but what about others:
css-selector=‘body>div>form>div>div>table’ parentid=‘appContainer’ parentname=‘f1’ tag=‘TABLE’ / ???
Any pointers.

Hi @Priyadharshini78

Attaching the workflow on behalf of Shruti. She is unable to load. Actually i think we need not to use search functionality and directly use click activity with dynamic variable selector but some how we are unable to know how to use “aaname”. Please check once if you have bandwidth. Really appreciate your help.

EPMTest.zip (57.0 KB)

1 Like

@anchitjain @shrutijain411

Actually, you can use both the methods by clicking the Rules tab and search the keyword and then pass the variable dynamically in the selector or by directly passing the dynamic variable in the click activity.

The thing is you need to select the keyword and then edit the selector using open UiExplorer and select the required properties like aaname,idx,table row,etc.,

change in that selector not by clicking the three dots. After the expression editor will like this
UiPath.Studio_V5ElgibIg0

you can add the required Properties and then give it a try :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Hi @Priyadharshini78,

I got your point - How to edit the selector. Problem is that we both are new to RPA having only 4 days of experience, (started this Monday only :slight_smile: ). We don’t know what exactly to write here. So to overcome this problem in future we need to know how selector section work and i have recently found one video (UiPath Selectors | Complete Selector Tutorials in UiPath | UiPath RPA - YouTube) for that.
As of now, if you don’t mind and have bandwidth would you be able to let us know what exactly to write in selector for our case as we have to click on the Launch button against the variable name.
I know i am asking you to catch the fish for us and instead we (I and shruti) should know how to catch fish but would really appreciate if you can guide us here.

@anchitjain

I can understand your situation but I cannot give you an exact selector for clicking the launch button because I don’t have the access to the web portal you are using which needs to adjust the selector. I can just help you with how to do it.

1 Like

Hi @Priyadharshini78

No worries … got your point. But really appreciate your inputs provided. I am going through the selectors video to learn about these. Might be it will help.
Thanks once again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, keep trying you can find a solution :slightly_smiling_face:

There are many courses available look into it.

1 Like

Hi @Gabriele_Camilli @Priyadharshini78

We have defined the anchor based activity after the login. Though its taking the parameter variable correctly but not clicking the corresponding launch button. Below is the screenshot in which i have tried to explain the problem. Any suggestions please …

@shrutijain411 Try use the UI Explorer to create the selector, not the anchor base

1 Like

The selectors for the Variable(Name) varies dynamically likewise the launch button selectors also varies dynamically. So select the unique selector value using UiExplorer

1 Like

Hi @Gabriele_Camilli

Thank you very much it worked for me. I have noticed a minor issue. Its working for all the rules present in the webpage that is visible but if i am giving any rule that is present below and which needs to scroll (inner scroll) marked in RED then its throwing error. Any idea how i can resolve that

Also wanted to understand the meaning of nav up=‘2’ … i have seen in some videos using nav up=‘1’… I can understand every line except this.

webctrl aaname=‘{{parameter}}’ parentid=‘zr10:0:zt0:0:pt1:t1::db’ tag=‘SPAN’ />
nav up=‘2’ />
webctrl id=‘zr10:0:zt0:0:pt1:t1:*:fuseLaunchIcon::icon’ tag=‘IMG’ />

1 Like

@shrutijain411

About the nav up=‘2’ if i remember correctly it should be how far into the tree the selector should search. To use a metaphor, nav up=1 looks for siblings (same parent), nav up=2 look also for cousins (same grandparent) and so on.

For the issue you could try to focus on the anchor element

Tell me if this solve the issue

Hi @Gabriele_Camilli

For the issue you could try to focus on the anchor element
I am not sure what you meant by it. What i did was -
Opened the click button in UI explorer → on the top clicked on “Indicate Anchor” ->Used the image of Launch button (->) … I am not sure how to use the scroll in anchor … Do you mean i need to find out some property which needs to be written in webctrl ??

I was saying to just insert a “Set Focus” Activity on the Element that the next activity use as Anchor, this should autoscroll the page

Else you can still search the page with Ctrl+F, that would focus on the correct line too

1 Like