Tips on how to pass the Practical Exam (Certification)

Hi Guys,

I just passed the Theoretical exam for certification (after nth time :smiley: ). Would like to ask for some tips on how can I easily pass the practical exam? Any suggestions would be a great help especially for a rookie like me. Thanks!

4 Likes

practice the level 3 assignments. ensure that you follow the documents that have been provided for its best practices.

read the grading scheme and improve on what you are lacking.

it is doable. i think i went through the whole level 1-3 course + exam in less than 2 weeks

4 Likes

@caduque,

In practical exam, they will give one task and we have to complete it in 3 Hr 30 mins. To implement that task we should use REFramework only.

As @garywjd91 said, first go through level 3 assignment tasks and then start this.
And also remember one thing it’s free till 31st March 2019. So, try to complete it asap.

All the best :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks guys! These are all appreciated <3

2 Likes

Hi guys!

I just did my second attemp and I failed the practical exam. 69 points :frowning:
I have asked on “Contact us” but, I imagine that theres is lot of people and they can not manage to answer all.

I got this failed criteria:

1. check config file - config.xlsx for extra configurations for acme_url and acme_credential → EXTRA? Anybody know what does it mean? Credentials are not hardcoded on config file so…
  2. check for correct usage of items from the transactionitem 1 → together with point 6 (below), I only had 1 transaction item. My item type was a Row, so I didn’t use queues and I left in blanck out_TransactionField1 and out_TransactionField2, could it be I have to delete them??
  3. check usage of transactiondata → Mmm…
  4. check against using hardcoded values 2 → values 2, you what value is? I did not have any hardcoded value, I verified the whole process and there is nothing.
  5. check using correct city values → I extracted city, together with Country and Vendor as a string, so if city type value is incorrect, the other two also… but the exam didn’t said any kind of restriction, so…
  6. check for correct usage of items from the transactionitem 2

I only have one more attemp. And, I really don’t know what am I doing incorrectly. Could you please give me some advice?

I didn’t change any structure from the framework, I put exactly the same name as in the exam questions, no hardcored values, all the activities named, transactionitem it is a Row and, I verified manually the output and it is correct. (Maybe, there is a best way to manipulated the data, but the one I use I think it’s clear and simple).

Please, some help!
Thank you!!

3 Likes

Hi @Guiomar,

From those 2 attempts you’ve made, do you have to use the Orchestrator Queues on those 2 exams you had? And are the questions different from the other? Thanks!

read the comments that they give you for your attempt and identify where you have went wrong.

practice on level 3 assignments and follow the documents that they have provided.

read on the grading scheme.

when you are given the exam question, there are constraints that you have to follow.

1 Like

Hi @caduque , not I did not have to use Orchestrator… my item type was Row.
And the exam was exactly the same, but I had to check different list of countries.

Hi @garywjd91. That’s the problem I followed all the steps on the exam question, and I don’t understand the comments they gave me so I am not able to urderstand what went wrong.
I wrote them and I hope they can give me some kind of advice.

Thanks!

I also had very similar issues with my submission and I have written to UiPath about it as well. My project definitely wasn’t using Orchestrator queues and also had the settings in Config.xlsx. Same for the cities as well - I was using the correct cities list. I feel like there is a problem with the automatic assessment of this particular exam…

Hi Guys,

As expected, I did not pass my 1st attempt due to time constraint. Here’s the result below.

'Your final mark is 56

Unfortunately you did not pass the Certification on 2019-03-27 08:28:17.

Your status is - Not Certified

Failed criteria:

check config file - config.xlsx for extra configurations for acme_url and acme_credential,
check the initallapplications.xaml file, for correct definition and functionality. ,
check for renaming activities 1,
check for excel appendrange configuration,
check for correct usage of items from the transactionitem 1 ,
check usage of transactiondata,
check for correct usage of transactiondata,
check against using hardcoded values 1,
check against using hardcoded values 2,
check using correct city values,
check for correct usage of items from the transactionitem 2’

Having a hard time with the practical exam :frowning:

Thanks!

@caduque
I would recommend you to complete your Level 3 - Advanced training before going to Practical Exam ,since it would help you to gain confidence and retrieve the steps which you might be missing at your first attempt.
Before uploading your workflow to your certification platform make sure you zip your folder which should consist all the process,config file ,output file and the RE-Framework.

1 Like

UI Path Certification is quite simple post completing the UI Path Academy- Free online courses.The Certification question comes randomly, there is no fix set of questions.

If someone wants any help in certification, feel free to reach me @- gks.gauravkr@gmail.com

Its simple, interesting and rewarding, I learnt in 3 week time and completed the certification few days before.

You can start learning on ui path official learning portal - https://www.uipath.com/rpa/academy

Post learning, you can get yourself certified by clearing exam on - https://certificate.uipath.com/account/login

For Practical part of certification, you have to get clear understanding on RE Framework, learn, practice and then attempt.

Good Luck !

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for the info.
Can you pls advice the various online courses I need to take before attempting the exam ?
There are so many and I dont have much time to go through the wrong ones. Appreciate your guidance

Hi,

You need to take the Level 1 Foundation Training, Level 2 (I think it’s about the Orchestrator) and the Level 3 (focuses on REFramework).

1 Like

While the recommendation is to go through the entire course, you need to complete at least the first two courses which are RPA Developer Foundation and Level 3 - Advanced Training. While the RPA Developer Foundation is a course, Level 3 - Advanced Training is more of hands-on practice sessions. You can perform the practice sessions in the RPA trial version (community cloud) provided by UiPath.
Once you complete the course (though it’s not a mandate), you can enroll for the free certification. The certification has two stages. The first one is an online quiz that has 45 questions with multiple choices to select from. After you clear the online quiz, you become eligible to take the second stage which is the practical exam where you have to automate a process and execute it. The more details about the exam, pass criteria, reattempt options are available in UiPath Certification platform.
Please do not attempt the certification without doing the activities in the Level 3 - Advanced Training and having a clear understanding of the Robotic Enterprise Framework(REF).
Here are some of the best practices or checklist you can have handy for the practical exam-
· Please read the entire question carefully and follow the instructions as mentioned. If it’s mentioned to use the REF, you make sure you use REF. If variable\activity names are mentioned, make sure you use the same exact names.
· Design your RPA program considering the variable type that is asked to use for the ‘Transaction Item’ in the REF. Practicing the activities in the Level 3 - Advanced Training would give this understanding.
¡ Make sure you update the JSON file.
¡ Make sure you add annotations for all the files and activities. The annotation should include Activity Name, Description, Pre-Condition, Post Action and information about the input and output arguments.
¡ As a thumb rule, there should not be any hard coding of values. Use the config file to store all the values.
¡ Make sure to remove the queue name in the config file if there is no Orchestrator queue is involved.
· Make sure to update the ‘MaxRetryNumber’ in the config file. It should be 0 if you are using the Orchestrator queues.
¡ If you are requested to save the data to a file, make sure you save it at the path - Data/output.
¡ Before using any directory or file, make sure to check if the folder/file exists.

9 Likes

Thanks a lot. Appreciate the details

Hey, quick qs
You mean update the project.json file? And update it with just the project details?

Did you rename all your activities, arguments and variables? I see that alot of people who fail said that their report said that they left/didn’t change hardcoded values. Which ones are these exactly if you know?/think they will be.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Yes, update the project details in the project.json… like name and description.

Hard coding - Design and develop your workflow such that you do not need to change it if any input parameter changes. All the values should go in the config file.
e.g., if you are developing an workflow for the processing the work item of type WI5, do not hard code it rather put that in the config file.

3 Likes

Oh so for example you would have in your config file something like:
Name ---------------------------Value
Filter_Type---------------------WI5
Status_Open------------------Open
WIID_Filter--------------------500000
And when you’re doing the actual filtering you’d go (once its all imported via in_Config(“Filter_Type”).toString):

row(“Type”).Equals(Filter_Type) AND row(Status).Equals(Status_Open) AND CINT(row(“WIID”)) < WIID_Filter

Something like this?

2 Likes