"Timeout reached." when Windows is in Lock Screen (Unattended)

Hi everyone, I’m quite new here and I’m currently trying to run a task which shold be quite simple:

1. Open browser and go to www.gmail.com.
  2. Login to gmail account.
  3. Download an attachment from an email.
  4. Send the attachment using SMTP Mail Message.

I am trying to run those on an unattended robot through the orchestrator (I’m using the Community Edition [Version 21.6.23-release.44]) hoping it to run every 5 minutes (for trial purpose). When using the orchestrator by clicking it manually or waiting for 5 minutes when my screen is on (logged in to my device [Windows 10]) it runs well and produces what I want.

Then, I tried to lock my screen with Windows + L and wait for 5 minutes, but then it failed “Timeout reached.” on the orchestrator log it is written “Type Into ‘INPUT identifierId’: Timeout reached.” (this is the task when I click and type my email to gmail).

Here is the detailed errors.

Timeout reached.

at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
   at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
   at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

As an additional information I only have 1 robot (this one) and it match the maximum capacity for the free account.

Thanks for any help in advanced. Have a nice day!

Hello,

If you’re using the same user for the robot and manual login they will interfere and all what you doing on the your current session will affect the robot execution.

Unattended robot supposed to be used on remote VM without another users logged in.

Try to logout from the machine and then run the robot from the orchestrator.

Robot jobs running behind a lock screen only work with background type automations, or simulate clicks. Things that require a UI ( in your example opening a browser, type into browser ((type into vs simulate )), etc) need to be able to control the session

1 Like