Timeout error - Unattended robot without orchestrator

When robot is trying to open Chrome browser I am getting below error -
RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Timeout reached. —> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Timeout reached.
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.BringIntoView()
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.BringToForeground()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

None of the elements are getting loaded when RDP is disconnected.

I came across this link Timeout reached - Troubleshoot steps but I don’t use Orchestrator.
Any solution to resolve this issue?

How are you running an unattended bot without Orchestrator?

Using Windows Task scheduler, Credential manager etc.
You can refer here - How to create an automated task using Task Scheduler on Windows 10 | Windows Central

That’s not truly an unattended bot, though. And this terminology matters.

Which Activity are you trying to use to open Chrome?

It’s OpenBrowser activity - Screenshot by Lightshot
Robot is seeing blank screen after typing www.google.com. None of the UI elements are being loaded and It’s resulted to Timeout error later.

Hi @ad2000,

Would you be able to share your xaml file? Also, is the screen still running after closing the RDP session? Are you using a virtual or physical machine?

Love to help because i’ve used bots without Orchestrator before.
Regards,

Jordan C

Main_google.xaml (28.9 KB)
Program is simple. Robot will open the Chrome and type in ‘www.google.com’. Upload the image in browser. Later all the URLs will be captured in an excel file.
I have attached here first part of program. It’s a virtual machine.
Screen is not running after closing RDP session. It hangs after opening browser and shows just google.com on page. No UI elements are getting loaded and results in timeout error.

Any suggestion? please let me know.

Hi @ad2000,

For an unattended robot to work without Orchestrator you need to ensure the virtual machine session is still running after RDP is disconnected. If you admin access to the Host Machine, assuming you are using VMWare, you could use VMWare Remote Console to remote-in and check if the session is running or not.

Here’s the updated xaml file that i have tested and it works on my environment -
Main_google.xaml (28.6 KB)

Give it a try and see if it works for you. Also, i’ve changed the timeout for element exists from 30 seconds to 10 seconds cause it took too long for me. Feel free to change it back if you wish.

Regards,
Jordan C

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for providing updated file.
I can see you updated UiAutomation package. May I know if any other changes in the program?

Regards,
Anjan