The asset does not have a value associated with this robot. Error code: 1503

Hi,
I have a modern folder to which I have assigned a robot user and a machine. I have also defined an asset with a specific value for this user-machine combination. The user has view, edit and create permissions for Assets.
When I try to get this asset from the studio on that machine, I get this error: The asset does not have a value associated with this robot. Error code: 1503
I published the workflow to the folder’s feed and created a process. Then run it from the assistant on the same machine and It retrieves the correct asset value.
So basically, the folder’s assets won’t get retrieved from the studio but they do from the assistant robot. Any idea why?
Ps. studio uses developer license. Studio and Orchestrator are v21.4
Thank you in advance

Hi

In studio at the middle left bottom you can see robot connection status and also a indication to which folder it is connected

Make sure it is referring to the folder where the asset is created

Cheers @Nfs

@Palaniyappan
Studio is referring to the correct folder. I can even publish a package to that folder.

Regards

Do you have a value defined in the Asset for the Robot your Studio is running under?

@postwick
Yes I do.

The only possible issue I can see is that it’s not actually running under that Robot. Are you sure that’s the Robot you used when connecting Assistant/Studio?

@postwick
Yes, otherwise how could I even see the list of assets in that folder in Studio ->resources.

Regards

There is a difference between whether you can see the asset, and whether the asset contains a value defined for the Robot you’re running under. The error message is talking about the latter.

@postwick
I just published my workflow to Orchestrator and created a process with it. And then ran it from the assistant on the same machine. It works okay! So the assistant has correct connections, why doesn’t the studio?

Regards

Hi @Nfs,

Can you enable global value for your asset as well and put something in there?

And then try?

Regards
Sonali

Do you have BKADM\ on the front of the user in the Robot that Studio is connected with? Maybe you somehow ended up with Studio connected with a different Robot than Assistant.

@sonaliaggarwal47
I retrieve the global value in Studio in that case.

Regards

@postwick
I’m not sure what you mean or how Studio could be connected with a different Robot than Assistant.

Regards

Hi @Nfs,

Yes because specific value that you have defined is for a user/machine combination and from studio you can run your automations and retrieve assets even when there is no corresponding robot defined yet in orchestrator.

But when you would run from that folder in orchestrator, you would receive specific value only and that’s what you want to achieve right?

Regards
Sonali

Hi @Nfs,

After reading the replies in this thread, I believe that your Studio License (Named User) is different than the Robot User (unattended).

• Your Robot User has access so to read and write and therefore you see that the workflow works in unattended mode.

• In the Studio, you can see the asset, but if the user logged into Studio is not the same Robot User, you will get the error code 1503.

Quick test: Give the user using Studio the same read and write permission to the asset. You will see this will work.

I do not think this is a bug, more certain that this is missing user permissions issue.

That username isn’t the same as the screenshot you posted from Orchestrator. In Orchestrator it shows as BKADM/arob not arob@…

There is only one automation user who has access to this folder

So if I can see the folder’s Assets in Studio, doesn’t it mean Studio is running under that user?

This is the details when I run the process in Assistant. As you see it’s the same user and it is attended.

Regards

I’m getting quite confused. Complications in upgrading Orchestrator and using Modern Folders!
I see that I have created an AD-user which ends up as username@domain while the windows identity is domain\username. How can I fix this?

Regards

Hi @Nfs,

That’s how it is with modern folders.

It uses different notation that windows identity but it should not prevent you from doing anything.

Regards
Sonali

@jeevith @postwick
Hi,
Why do you think that Studio and Assistant are using different robot agents?
What kind of robot agent is Studio using then?

Regards