Tableau Application Scope Site Name

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to our “Default” Tableau site.
We tried “Default” as site name and also a blank statement with inverted commas (“”), nothing seems to work.

21.10.0-beta.5978+Branch.release-v21.10.0.Sha.fe39bcd79f691c0248a02ae54202d122b4de39b5

401001: Signin Error: Error signing in to Tableau Server

Error: System.Exception: 401001: Signin Error: Error signing in to Tableau Server, HResult -2146233088

Thanks in advance

1 Like

@jaco

Check below for your reference

Have you done the below steps?

For Signin you may check below link

Let me know if you are still facing issue and share the error

Hope this may help you

Thanks

Hi @Srini84

Thanks for the share, but I have looked at those steps, and it does not help me much.

I have tried another site on a different Tableau Server, that has a “Site” name. That connection was successful.

The connection I want to make is on a Tableau Server that does not have a “Site” name, and according to the snippet below, “Default” needs to be added as the “contentUrl”, in order to connect. But does not work/Connect

Thanks again.

Hi,

Just a thought from my side. instead of going directly to uipath studio. Could you please try the following URL " https:// MY_SERVER /api/ api-version /auth/signin" in POSTMAN via POST method and passing one paramter as request body by entering your username and password along with site name and we will try to see whether we are getting same error or Tableu token.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

Hi,

I dont know how to add this parameter, do you have a screenshot on where to go from here?
I have never used Postman before.

Getting this result without adding the username and password.

Hi,

You have to provide request body in the Body field in the http activity as string. For that store that xml mentioned above in text file and modify the username and password with your credentials and content URL keep it as empty since we are using default site. Use read text file activity to store that xml content in to a string variable and pass the same variable in the body field. please refer the below screenshot.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

Hi,

What UIPath package have you installed to get the “HTTP Request” activity?

Im only getting the orchestrator activity.

Thank you

Hi,

You have to import the below package highlighted in the below image to get the http activity.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

Thanks,

Done that step, what’s next?

Thanks again

Hi,

i think you did right. Are you able to get token by executing the http request activity. if you get token means you are able to connect your default tableau website.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

Thanks,

I dont know where to get the token and what steps to follow to get access to tableau.

I added a write line activity to see if it shows a token, but seems there is something wrong with the credentials?

Thanks again for your help.

Hi @kirankumar.mahanthi1

Any idea how to make this happen?

Hi,

I am not sure may be issue related to credentials. i will try from my side and let you know.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

Thank you

Hi,

I am very sorry to inform you that i am unable to access tableau default website from my organization due to some restrictions.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

Hi @kirankumar.mahanthi1

I see where the issue is. Didnt add “>” after the password section of the HTTP Request.

The process worked and I received a token.

Now what? how I do connect to Tableau server to retrieve dashboard data?

Thank you

Hi @Srini84 and @kirankumar.mahanthi1

Thanks for the links.

What I seen is that we make API calls and that I can get tokens.

Also the xml gives a blank contentURL which is the Site Name.

But I cant enter “” or “Default” to connect to Tableau as the button is grayed out.

Any advice please?

Thank you

Hi,

Token is primary output for the basic authentication it define that our authentication is success with the tableau default website. the next steps will be you have to explore how to get the dashboard data from the tableau. you have to explore on the methods will provide your expected data from the tableau. whatever method you use you have to pass token as one of the parameter. please refer the below link it might help you.