Tableau Desktop Application Configuration Issue

Hi,
I was trying to configure Tableau application scope in order to extract some data from dashboard. When we use desktop application what would be in the fields of API version, site name and Tableau Server URL in the connection page.? I have enabled the extension of UiPath connector from dashboard. Do we have to follow any additional steps from Tableau or UiPath for making this integration happen.? Is it possible to extract data from Tableau without connecting to orchestrator.?
Hope somebody can help me on this.

Thanks in advance !!

1 Like

Kindly post the screenshot of your configuration pls…

Thanks
#nK

Hi @Jameena_Jamalu ,

If you are trying to use uipath built-in activities to connect tableau dashboard. Please review the below video it is having the information like how to configure and use the uipath activities to connect tableau dashboard. Thanks.

@Nithinkrishna

Please find the screenshot.

This the connection window we get when clicking the configure button from inside Tableau application scope activity in UiPath. I have provided my Tableau credentials in username and password field. But in the case where we use Tableau desktop application trial, what would be the site name and server url.?

Hope you can help.

1 Like

Hi @kirankumar.mahanthi1 ,

Thanks for the video. I have already went through this before. This has no detail description about the fields in connection page.

Hi @Jameena_Jamalu ,

i think you are having only tableau desktop. you could try installing the free trail of on-prem tableau server so that you will get tableau server URL and site name can be default i guess and api version 3.14 and check for the latest api version for the tableau. once you complete the setup you could test your connection in the uipath studio to proceed further on this.

https://www.tableau.com/products/trial

Is it for learning purpose you are trying this without a server ?

Thanks
#nK

@Nithinkrishna This is for demo purpose. This is for fetching sample data for an upcoming project. I was trying to fetch data from the dashboard I was given. I have downloaded this dashboard from https://public.tableau.com to my desktop using client profile and uploaded this same dashboard to my profile of Tableau desktop. Now I have to extract this dashboard data using UiPath. But to proceed any further, this configuration should be successful. Inside this activity scope, I can add another activities from UiPath.Tableau.Activities.