System exception.The activity 'Try Catch' with ID 21 threw or propagated an exception while being canceled.?

hello,
i’m using the REFramework in my project and i get the error below when i run it in the orchestrator, what this error means?

Hi

Welcome to uipath forum

I got to see this issue is been fixed since the version 2021.10

So can we try upgrading the project dependencies and give a try

Go to studio → open this project → design tab-> manage packages → project dependencies → upgrade and install them

Cheers @rahmachabbeh21

I’m using the latest version available in the studio, how can i fix this error ?

Hmm
May I know What activities are used in that Try catch
@rahmachabbeh21

In fact, the error show that the exception is in the workflow retryCurrentTransaction of the framework, its the default workflow without any changes, it doesn’t contain a try catch activity, is it the try catch of the workflow setTransactionstatus? i would like to know what is the reason behind? and i tried to put the option continue on error as true in the workflows setTransactionstatus and retryCurrentTransaction, but i have always the same exception in this level of the retry exception, however the retry is done correctly after handling the exception, any recommendations to avoid this error message?

Hi @rahmachabbeh21
If you used like parallel activity or pickbanch activity, maybe you can follow this thread.

BR,

I got my issue resolved by checking the Finally stage of Try/Catch. I was using the variable which wasn’t instantiated.
100% Chances that you are performing operation in Finally Stage which is throwing exception.

1 Like