StudioX is here and is live in Community Preview

6 posts were split to a new topic: Cannot install Excel addon - error “Microsoft Excel cannot be detected. If Microsoft Excel is present on your machine, please re-install it because your installation may be corrupt”

4 posts were split to a new topic: Actions in StudioX result in an error: “Member not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020003 (DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND))”

4 posts were split to a new topic: Is it possible to use PDF activities from Studio in StudioX

Hi @mircea,

StudioX has the system requirements similar to studio. But in addition, it requires the Microsoft office to be installed. Why it so? Is this because of the export to excel functionality? In that case, Microsoft office has to be mentioned as prerequisite for studio as well as studio also holds this functionality.
Please provided more details on this.

Regards,
Madhavi K

5 Likes

Hi @Madhavi - Studio does not have this requirement. StudioX does at the moment because there’s a default excel file created for each project. This is meant for managing and formatting data. We are looking into making this optional.

5 Likes

Hi @Madhavi,

In StudioX we removed the concept of “variables” and writing code, so when you have to do any type of data processing (like a substring for example), there are 2 solutions we thought about:

1. We could add 100’s of activities (like substring, etc) that StudioX users would then use.

Possible, but we worry that for medium to high complexity tasks this becomes a bit too complex.

1. We could use the StudioX’s users’ Excel know-how, and move data processing in Excel.

Our expectation is that StudioX users are proficient in Excel, and will be able to easily apply that knowledge in conjunction with StudioX.

So far, from the user tests we’ve done, (2) looks like the right assumption, but we know we have to start adding some basic data formatting activities soon for simple, one-off data transformations.

Think about more complex text transformations like getting the file name from a full path. That is something relatively easy to do in code, but in a no-code no-arrays world, how would you solve that? You can check out this tutorial for more insights: https://docs.uipath.com/studiox/docs/example-saving-mail-attachments-moving-and-renaming-the-files

6 Likes

Thank you @mircea and @bogdanripa for the insight.
Got the answer to my query. :+1:

2 Likes

@Madhavi Please let us know what you think about Scratchpad (Default Excel) versus more activities for data formatting. Which better suits your work and why?

3 Likes

Excellent StudioX !

Hello All,
captured all features available in Studiox, have a look it might be useful.

10 Likes

Hi @pradeepkintali,

Nice presentation…

1 Like

Hi Mircea

I have installed the uipath 2019.9.1-beta.12

Open the “choose a profile” in the exactly same location as yours. And select the uipath studioX, but the small pop up window say that restart computer never pops up, i click launch directly, nothing happens.

I have tried to reopen the uipath and restart, nothing happens again.

Any idea why and how to fix it?

Thanks!

1 Like

Great,
Was waiting for this.
Keep rocking UiPath.

1 Like

Hi @jingwang0222

The latest beta is actually 2019.10.0-beta.252:

Please let it update to the latest version and see if the issue will remain :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Happy to see this new feature in UiPath, it’s very easy to Automate for them who have very little knowledge in coding part.

Please find the below simple task to automate an excel sheet. Respond me if it make sence to start with this new profile.

Thanks,
DeepakNew_Task Automation.zip (17.7 KB)

3 Likes

Looks good!
Automate more!

1 Like

Hi thanks, it works.

3 Likes

I would love to see an activity that pulls the first free row and column in the excel activities. It would be a great addition.

Cheers,

Your Fellow BotMonkey

4 Likes

Is this available in Enterprise Edition?

1 Like

Hi @caduque

I believe not just yet, but soon.

1 Like

hi @loginerror

any idea on this error??

and htmlagilitypack 1.11.46.nupkg is not a valid file i am getting this error as well

regards
@gsheikh