What is the difference between UIPath Studio and UIPath Studio X?

The name of the topic is a question, so, which paras distinguish this two versions of uipath studio?

1 Like

Hi @Andrey_Voinalovich,
This is very good question :slight_smile:
StudioX can do many things similar than Studio but it’s made to be simpler to users which don’t have programming background. Here you have more information:

5 Likes

At the moment of writing Studio aims at delivering on the promise to be the best IDE for RPA developers. Studio is best for RPA developers looking to build complex automations that include capabilities of managing and invoking 3rd party code or implementing proper error handling that enable automations to be deployed at scale for both attended and unattended scenarios. With the high number of pre-built, out of the box activities, there are less and less scenarios where invoking code is needed, but easy extensibility will still be at the core of Studio.

While Studio will continue on the path of a full blown IDE for developers, StudioX is dedicated to those with no prior technical background or coding skills. Task automations, especially those meant for attended scenarios, should be easy to build, deployed and scheduled by anyone in your company for self use. StudioX is part of the “a robot for everyone” initiative, where everyone should have access to tools that allow them to automate their day to day repetitive work, without the need of a skilled developer.

That said, i’m curious to hear what you think. How would this benefit you and your company? How do you think we should strike a balance between Studio and StudioX users in your company? What should we build next that is right for you, your company, your customers and your end users?

9 Likes

Hi MirceaGrigore,

If i already have Studio and want to switch to Studio X to try it out , do i have to download it as another version ? or can i switch within studio to X somehow >?
please advise …

Hi @DangerousDave,
Here you have picture how to switch to StudioX :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank You Pablito

1 Like

First you need to unistall your uipath Studio and then download the UiPath Studio X Preview and then install.

1 Like

UiPath Studio X is targeted towards the business users to automate the process with less activities and code stages. UiPath Studio is targeted towards the user with programming background. Studio X is simpler way to start learning an automation for the business users.

3 Likes

If we already have license UIPATH studio and want to move to UIPATH studio X, it needs to buy another license?

A user who has a license that gives them access to the Studio profile can choose if they want to use Studio with the Studio or the StudioX profile, and they can switch between the two as often as they like under Settings.

thank you for explanation Corneliu,
so it means we doesn’t need buy additional license to use studio X for enterprise. just use existing license of studio.
does my understanding correct?

1 Like

StudioX is a more limited version of Studio and I believe it is made for simpler processes. That is just from my experience. It is beneficial to have it for standard data extracting and web scaping, or organizing emails, saving attachements, etc. I guess you could say for more personal usage. However, Studio has more to it and if you plan on mastering and relying on a UIPath bot, I would mainly use Studio. StudioX is definitely more beginner friendly

1 Like

If you are using the StudioPro profile, you can switch to StudioX at any time from the Studio backstage view by selecting Home > Settings > License and Profile > View or Change Profile.

Hi,

do you mean only StudioPro license has capability to switch from studio to Studio X and opposite?

I think StudioPro license not mandatory. We can change profile on Community edition too.

how about Enterprise ? and price?

Finally someone who can answer a simple question. Thank you Corneliu. Please consider this very easy switch from Studio to Studio X explained as easy as this in the website products sections. I thought I had to uninstall and get new licences etc. It’s a mess, but this was so simple. Infact write a 'bot for this!! lol

I can see there are three terms used here, “Studio”, “Studio Pro” and “Studio X”.
Could anybody kindly explain?

This table from UiPath should give you a quick idea.

I have more details here:

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
Do you think it still make sense to learn StudioX at all instead of just learning Studio? Having some programming experience of course. Is it just worth our time doing online course?
I was a bit confused with StudioX and it’s simplicity. Maybe it looks easy, but I had a problem with it in few really simple stuff like when it didn’t read correct date format or date at all, not killing Chrome or having issues with Excel. Even when I downloaded the basic course’s official ‘MyFirstAutomation’ project it didn’t run with success!
I did not have such problems with Studio, looked and worked way much friendlier.
And to conlcude it here - is StudioX actually used in any proffesional automation, in business real life scenarios?