Start Transaction on retrieved Queue Items

Hello,

Am I able to start a transaction on a queue item that I have retrieved with the Get Queue Items activity?

If I use the Get Transaction Item activity I get a transaction item according to a) Priority and b) insert order according to the FIFO principle. What if I want to deviate from this standard logic and want to have a look at all my queue items, before I choose the one to start a transaction on? What if i want to change the order of the items in the queue?

Is this possible with UiPath?

Thank you,

One more way to filter the queue items -

• FilterStrategy - The strategy to use when filtering according to reference. The following options are available:
    • StartWith - looks for items whose references start with the value indicated in the Reference field.
    • Equals - looks for items whose references are the same as the value indicated in the Reference field.
  • Reference - Filters items according to their reference.

Ref -

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

Thanks for the reply @KarthikByggari

I know I can use filters with the Get Queue Items activity. But can I start a transaction on any of these queue items I have retrieved?

As far as I am aware of, you cannot.

This is because that the ‘Get queue items’ activity is providing a dataset containing information about the queues, it is not linked to the Orchestrator like if you for instance use the ‘Get transaction item’.

1 Like

No. You can only get the list of items from Queue.
To start transaction, you have to use the filter strategy of Get transaction.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

1 Like

OK, thanks for the replies. It is clear.