i use the GET OUTLOOK MAIL MESSAGE activity.
When Outlook is opened, no problem : all emails are marked as read.
But when Outlook is closed, only the 4 or 5 first emails are marked as read.
Somebody can help me ?
If Open instance of outlook works best for your Automation.
How about Opening Outlook at the beginning and then proceeding with the process.
Steps in Automation :
- Get List of All Processes Running
- If Outlook is Available in Process List - Good - Else - Start application - Outlook.exe
- Once Opened - Continue the Automation
- Once completed successfully - You can Keep the outlook open or close it .
Thanks for your answer !
This is very strange…
i open Outlook to retreive the 20 first unread emails every 10 seconds, and with each new opening, a certain number of emails read previously were re-marked as “unread” ???
It’s a real problem because in my Orchestrator Queue, i find many time the same emails and i don’t want that.
An idea ?
So Instead of relying on Read/ unread - Can we think of any other way to identify the unread emails.
e.g. - we can create an additional Folder in Inbox - Say Processed.
Whenever a email is successfully processed - we move the email to Processed Folder … and for automation we always read the Inbox Folder …
This way we can have always have latest email to process.
This could actually be a solution (although I like to understand why things aren’t working the way they should;)).
Thanks for your help.
Below are the things we can verify -
- There is No Rule Setup on the mailbox that is doing so.
- The mailbox you are referring in not shared mailbox and multiple user are having access to it.
- what is the manual behavior of outlook in such scenarios.