Slow Performance with Each Transaction

I have created a workflow using REFramework. Process gets its input from an excel sheet in the initialization phase and passed on to process transaction phase one at a time.
Now, when I an testing the flow, it is taking longer as compared to previous transaction to process. For first transaction it took ~3 minutes which kept on increasing with every next transaction and handling time for 6th transaction was 10 minutes…

Please suggest how this could be resolved

1 Like

Hi @Pankaj_J

Can you check below points

• Are you trying to process large volume of excel data? Some times, this would makes the execution slow
  • If you install any unnecessary dependencies, can you please remove, restart studio and try again

I have only 5 transactions in the main input file.

Within each transaction there are 4 more loops. I tried removing those loops as well, but still no help.

@Pankaj_J

Welcome to the community

If you are storing any large amounts of data clear them fir each transaction …also please test from orchestrator it should be faster…generally on studio for debugging purposes it would be slower

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thanks Anil!!

Could you please help me a little further- how should I be clearing the data? I am not storing anything, whatever details I am capturing I am writing those to a datatable and then a workbook. Just to mention, as I mentioned the workbook update step, I thought it would be because of workbook being updated for each transaction and ran my workflow with update workbook activity removed after each transaction and still it is the same issue… Thanks again!!

@Pankaj_J

Is your c drive almost full?..if so make some space there…or after every transaction clear the temporary locations and the UiPath files to freeup…

To start with try with orchestrator first… and check the time

Cheers

How can I clear the temp file for UiPath? I tried invoke process and cmd, it did not clear anything for me.

@Pankaj_J

this is where files are save… use cmd to clear…which can be called from invoke power shell or start process

%localappdata%\UiPath\Logs<shortdate>_Studio. log

But first would suggest testing it from Orchestrator…On Studio It might be slow

cheers

Yes. I am planning to implement both solution together, Orchestrator Queue and Clear UiPath Files

@Pankaj_J

I am not saying about orchestrator queue…try running bot from orchestrator …see the sifference in time for running in studio and orchestrator …mostly it would be wuicker and no deays

Cheers

I have done that already :slightly_smiling_face:
No luck with that. Then I thought it is due to RAM and I increased VM ram to 32 GBs and it is still the same

Is this how I do it?

And I am trying to run it in headless mode, but Simulate Type into won’t work for me…

@Anil_G
I have put both now. But temp is not getting cleared

@Pankaj_J

First please test them from cmd…or just create a bat file and start bat file from UiPath

Use application/browser or Start ptocess and provide bat file location

Cheers

is not working. command prompt would open, but nothing happening further to it

Hi @Pankaj_J
There could be several reasons for the increased processing time in your workflow. Here are some possible reasons and solutions:

1. Large Excel file: If your input Excel file is large and contains a lot of data, it could be taking longer to read and process each transaction. Try to optimize the size of the file or split it into smaller files if possible.

2. Unoptimized code: Check if there are any unnecessary loops, activities, or conditions in your code that could be slowing down the processing time. Try to optimize your code by removing unnecessary activities or reducing the number of iterations in your loops.

3. System resources: Your system resources, such as CPU and memory, could be affecting the performance of your workflow. Try closing any unnecessary applications or processes that may be using up system resources.

4. Network latency: If your workflow involves connecting to external systems or services, network latency could be a factor in the increased processing time. Check your network connectivity and try to optimize it if possible.

5. Debugging mode: If you are running your workflow in debug mode, this could be affecting the processing time. Try running the workflow in release mode to see if there is a difference in the processing time.

6. Error handling: If your workflow involves error handling, such as retries or exception handling, this could be adding to the processing time. Try to optimize your error handling by reducing the number of retries or simplifying your exception handling logic.

By identifying and addressing these potential issues, you can hopefully reduce the processing time of your workflow and improve its overall performance.