Sender name in SMTP send mail activity

Hi Everyone,

I am sending email through ‘Send SMTP Mail Message’ activity with from emailD as lets say, firstname.lastname@domain.com. In the name field, I have updated ‘Helpdesk’ so that the recipient will see sender as ‘Helpdesk’.

However instead of sender only as ‘Helpdesk’, it is showing as ‘Helpdesk <firstname.lastname@domain.com>’. Is there any way I can get rid of the later emailid part so that sender will be only as ‘Helpdesk’.

Thanking in advance :slight_smile:

It is showing as ‘Helpdesk <first.last@domain.com>’ because the email client you’re using to view the email (likely outlook) chooses to display it that way. This doesn’t have anything to do with SMTP.

Is there a reason why you don’t want them to see the email address for replies? If you don’t want replies, just set the ‘From’ field in the SMTP activity to be DO-NOT-REPLY@domain.com or something similar

Hi @Kapil

I don’t think hinding the sendor email in the Helpdeskfirst.last@domain.com is possible. I have tried email sending in outlook as well as gmail. It all shows that. I haven’t come across and property to hide it. I think it is default in those emailing systems to show the sender email.

Thanks @Dave and @Lahiru.Fernando. I too did some digging and found that it cant be done. I ended up creating a separate email id like hellpdesk@domain.com

2 Likes

Hi, @Kapil
Can you tell me how did you change the sender email.
In my scenario, I am using one particular email ID for login and as a receiver mail and putting another email id in the sender field of smtp activity. But, somehow its still displaying the email which, I used to logged in and as a receiver mail in the name filed of email.
What changes you have made please let me know.

Regards
Debartha