Security question/concerns

Hello,
Our company is using on-prem orchestrator today but we’re in the process of upgrading to cloud, as one of the projectmanagers in this I have a concern about whether information is ever taken out of the RPA process to the cloud or not as we are sometimes dealing with sensitive data.
I feel like the Orchestrator is simply knowing when to start and maintain the robots e.g not recieve data from their actual work. Any comfirmation that this is the case is welcome.

Hi @christoffer.blomdahl,

If and when you move to the cloud the cloud Instance will have to be confirmed via UiPath to satisfy your data residence regulations (company and country wise)

The most critical info is also stored in the Orchestrator in form of Queue. All case related details are within items in an Orchestrator queue. So I would definitely consider what kind of information each process would save in the queue.

Another aspect is also credentials saved as assets. Any on-prem orchestrator admin can easily decrypt a password asset.

You will have to asses the risk of this in a cloud only infrastructure.

Orchestrator is the front end ( user interface ) for bot only the schedules for the jobs to be run but also serves / renders the data to the users / robot. So it contains the data of each case run by the robot.

Depending on your company and country regulations, a risk assessment of all parts of your infrastructure moving to the cloud RPA instance needs to be performed and considered. You will need an orchestrator admin or a senior developer as your SME to make an objective risk assessment.

Hope this helps!