Scraping wont allow me to select Reviews

I am trying to Scrap 2 fields from this page, https://www.g2crowd.com/categories/crop-management-de491907-7539-4464-9d9a-ccf3db1c4051?utf8=✓&order=alphabetical

1. Name of the company
  2. Reviews

The problem is I am not able to select either of the fields, when I try to do it… the data always says “Compare”. Attached is my XAML

Main.xaml (8.9 KB)

Try this workflow and see if it works:
Main2.xaml (12.5 KB)

What I did is use Chrome to select the elements because it seems that the selectors for this website break when you use IE. After selecting the elements from Chrome, I simply switched the “attach browser” activity to attach to IE instead.

Thanks, how do I grab the output in excel?

Another alternative is to use the Find Children activity when the data scraping wizard is not providing the results as expected.

This grabs the product names but you can adapt then to grab reviews (which actually seem to be on a different page so I don’t know how you would have been able to scrape both product names and reviews via a single data scraping activity).

TestSeq.xaml (11.8 KB)

I tried your solution, I am sorry but it doesn’t work, throws this error. Screenshot_1

works ok for me:

try an execute it using this, I expect you have IE installed. I have removed KillProcess

Main.xaml (11.2 KB)

It opens the browser and then I see the attached screen, I am sorry I am a newbie here, so how do I see the output? Shall I use any breakpoints somewhere, to see the output?

Screenshot_2|690x473

Please repost your screenshot.

You can output the names as a CSV if that is what you need, they are already output to the datatable dt_ProductNames.

Here is the screenshot

So there is no error.

Look at your output screen when the workflow ends. You will see the Product Names

1 Like

thank you so much, that helps :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.