Scheduling/Triggering attended through Task Scheduler

Hi,

We want to run a checklist process three times a day for one of our client where the Bot run duration would hardly be 10-15 mins. Is it enough to buy an Attended Bot and schedule using Task scheduler or trigger it when needed. As client don’t have budget to go for Orchestrator as of now.

Will this approach have any fallibility.

2 Likes

@Rajasegar94

Now we have new feature to schedule Attended BOTS from UiRobot system tray. I.e. Agent Desktop. But this feature not yet released in Enterprise Edition and currently it’s in Beta stage and you can find it in latest version of Community Edition.

1 Like

Hi @Rajasegar94
Yes , you are exactly right , you can follow your scenario

Only the thing if your bot not trigger when strat the scheduler , ( some one have to monitor)

Hi @Rajasegar94,

UiPath doesn’t recommend to use task scheduler for scheduling attended bots.

As @shivagowdavarad mentioned, it is not recommended to schedule tasks through windows task scheduler. Additionally, attended robots cannot be scheduled and executed as it require manual triggering through a user. However, the latest version of robot agent desktop allow you to schedule attended tasks upto a certain extent. But this feature is in beta as @lakshman mentioned.

Hence for the time being, it would be good if a user could trigger it manually through the robot tray when needed.

2 Likes

Thank u all for the response.

@Lahiru.Fernando, When can we expect the schedule option to be released in the enterprise version.

A process can be scheduled only once in a day. Why is that restriction?

1 Like

@Rajasegar94

Here you go. Install latest version of Enterprise Edition to work with this new feature.

2 Likes

Hi @Rajasegar94
No worries now you have a facility to manage your robot and schedule
Check new uipath patch 2019.10.4 LTS
You have given those facility on robot tray

1 Like

@Rajasegar94 - Were you able to figure out? We are using ControlM and one of the requirement is to trigger the bot processing once prior jobs complete So we are using ControlM to trigger the process.
Note: This same command line works fine when I run from bot server but not from Scheduler agent outside.
Command line: “c:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiRobot.exe” -p “DataExtractor_test”

DataExtractor_test : An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true,
whose value is:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, I
AsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(Asyn
cCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWo
rkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

I want to trigger a bot twice a day,ex Monday 9 am and 5 pm.How should i do it?