Schedules graphical representation

Hello,

Would be really nice if we could have like a schedules calendar at host level, with tenant filters. It would be helpful knowing day and time frame when we can update Orchestrator or do some maintainence work and none or very few schedules jobs will be affected.
And at tenant level would be helpful to know where is an empty space so we can start a job with less risk to be in pending state.

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes agreed. Maybe something in a dashboard in orchestrator where you could see all the robots, and what jobs they ran graphically from when to when. It would be good to see yesterday, and this day last week at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice. But what is a robot? You do not know in advance on which machine (or robot if you’re using environment jobs) a job will run.

Hello,

We would really appreciate such kind of overview, we have some excel file with data and conditional formating to graphically display schedules, as there are more and more processes and we need to make sure, that we have available capacities. I can imagine, that it is difficult, as there are many variables to consider.

Robot can be taken from schedule, there are three possibilities:

• all robots => all available robots at current time will be taken in planning
  • specific robot => only one is taken
  • number of robots => I guess that there is algoritm determining robots when schedule come due, the same can be applied in planning tool. Problem would be if available robots would not be enough to cover schedulled demand, but basically, this kind of schedule can be with different colour to indicate it.

When we are speaking about planning, schedule contains when process starts, source is robot, end is difficult to stipulate. Can be taken as mean from previously executed jobs for this schedule, or new field in schedullng for expected run time?

Very much would appreciated such planning tool.

5 Likes

Hi @Juan_Felipe_Carvajal

2019.10 introduces a maintenance mode that will allow you to stop all the jobs, disable schedule during maintenance mode etc. to perform maintenance on your robots, as an example.

I agree that Orchestrator could have a graphical representation on what are scheduled in calendar format. One should be able to select a day in the calendar and see how all jobs are scheduled on that specific day, Gantt chart style. For the processes that are scheduled to run on an environment, that should be listed with the possibility to drill down to see the possible robots in that environment.

A tiny comment as well. The scheduler now is a bit confusing when we cannot sort on “next run time” .

2 Likes

I also agree that a calendar of some kind that shows all the scheduled jobs should be part of the orchestrator. For me, it would be very useful to see at a glance how much of a license is used or if it is currently possible to log on a machine for maintenance.

Useful filters for such a calendar:

• robot
  • machine
  • date
  • folder

Currently, it is only possible to visualize for example with UiPath Insights or Kibana Dashboards logs, but that is always a look into the past. I want a possibility to easily plan new jobs and to manage the trigger times.

This would be an incredible nice feature, which is standard for example in the BluePrism scheduler.