SAP Cost Sheet Automation

Hi Everyone,

I have to automate some task in SAP and for that I have to login to SAP, download a tx.sap file and using that tx.sap file, we reach to a page where we have to start our main automation work. But I am not able to select a particular field in that. Below is the screenshot for the same:

Here, for example, I am trying to select “Utilization Report” using click activity or send hotkey activity. it is selecting the complete left panel, not a particular field.

I am new to SAP Automation. So, if there is any other way of doing this, then let me know. Any of your help and support is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi @jyoti.bora

Use click text activity Indicate on whole screen and give the exact word in the text field

Regards
Sudharsan

Just screen scrap the menu list and copy the exact word from there and use that text in the field of Click text

Regards
Sudharsan

HI @jyoti.bora

Please start here SAP Academy course , to learn the automation techniques and the best practices for SAP WinGUI automation

In regard of your question, you are in so called SAP Tree, read more here:

Use simple click/double click activity to click Utilization Report

Ensure, that SAP Scripting is activated: Configuration Steps

@Sudharsan_Ka Click Text and Screen Scrap are not needed for SAP WinGUI, see my answer above

Best regards, Lev

1 Like

Yes of course we need to do that in my project I have enabled scripting but still I cant able to click

So, I have taken click text activity and that works good for me

Any way thank you for your input I will look into it

Regards
Sudharsan

1 Like

HI @Sudharsan_Ka

Thanks for your feedback!

We introduce support for SAP Trees from 20.4. Maybe in your project you have used an older version.

Best regards, Lev

2 Likes

I tried this thing but using screen scraping method followed by click text, the particular field (here for example, Utilization Report) is getting highlighted only, not opening the feature.