Run processes under same environment but on different robots in different machines

Hi community!

I want to know that can I run a process using different robots running on different machines under same environment in orchestrator??

Please guide me,

Thanks so much!

1 Like

yah thats possible

thats the main purpose of environment in orchestrator
it can include any other robots created for different machines

CHeers @Hassan_Ali

How is it possible?? Please guide me the method to do so…

Thanks!

1 Like

Fine
the main role of orchestrator is to manage robots and its execution
–robots are created for each machine, that is a system is named as machine and that machine robot is accessed from orchestrator by creating a robot as a name here in the ROBOT tab in orchestrator
–now i have a machine and lets take you have a machine
–both the systems that is machines are installed with uipath robot.
–i have a process developed in uipath studio and have published that in orchestrator
–if i want to run that process in my machine alone, wihout being a ENVIRONMENT option, i could have directly chosen my robot in orchestrator and execute the process
–but if i want to run in yours as well…and similarly in 50 machines of such. i wont be able to search each robot in ROBOTS tab in orchestrator, thats again a manual process right
–so here is what ENVIRONMENT Plays a major role
–its like a hub or group of robots that can be used to execute a single process in multiple machine at a time, and manage their execution at a time
–usually when a process is published and created in orhestrator we will be mentioning the environment name in the process tab
–so now if i have added your robot and the other 50 machiines in that orchestrator, whille executting the process, the environment tagged will be displayed and the robots tagged to that environment will be listted
–so that we can choose the robots we want tto execute that process

Cheers @Hassan_Ali

Ok fine! But basically where I’m stuck is that when I go into Jobs panel in orchestrator, click on Play icon to run a job, it asks me to select the existing process. I select that, but it shows only one robot under it. But I have added two bots under the same environment. So it should show me two bots. How can I do this??

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

kindly check the robot type of those two robots, it must be unattended or development type of robot
i hope the missing one is not of the above two mentioned types, we can check that in ROBOT tab
Chees @Hassan_Ali

Thanks for the suggestion! The missing one is Attended.

1 Like

yah change that to Unattended
you will be able to see them in list while running a job
Cheers @Hassan_Ali

1 Like

Thanks so much.
Cheers @Palaniyappan!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.