Robot user must chose from a Drop-down list

Hello everybody.

My robot makes a log-in to a webpage. In the log-in process, the robot ask for the username and the password (I have no problem with this), BUT depending on the user, he must to choose where to log-in making use of a drop-down list. How can I do that? I need the robot show a drop-down list and the real-time user must chose an option, because every time, the chosen option can be different.

Thank you.

1 Like

we can use select item activity to handle this situation
where we can mention the term we want to select from the drop down
Cheers @da_7856

Hi @da_7856
we can use select item activity to handle this situation
where we can mention the term we want to select from the drop down
for more info on the activity

Cheers @da_7856

Thanks for your answer.

When I use “Select item” activity, it always choses the option by default in the Input property (activity properties). I am not able to do that every time the robot runs, a message asks for the user to chose an option from the list. Is it posible with “Select item” activity?

1 Like

yah as you said the value is getting selected as per the default input in select item activity
you can pass any input from the drop down as a string to the select item input property based on the user…so that while running the process the bot will select the mentioned input in the property, from the drop down list
Cheers @da_7856

Thank you again @Palaniyappan.

I understand how to make a variable input for the “Select item” activity.
The question now is: how can I show a drop-down list to the bot user, in order to catch his/her selection and make it an input for the “Select item” activity?

Regards.

2 Likes

Fine
well are you trying to make it fully unattended robot or a manual intervention while the process runs like we need to input while the process runs-attended robot…
If its a attended robot, we can use a input dialog activity where we can ask the user to enter the option they want which are available in drop down list prior selecting the term from dropdown list…
–this input dialog box activity will get the input and we can get the output as a string variable which we can pass to the select item activity as input
Cheers @da_7856

@Palaniyappan, you have got the point! I need to build an attended robot which has to have a manual intervention at the begining (asking for 3 things: username, password and drop-down selection). After that, the bot is ready to do a lot of activities by itself.

2 Likes

Fantastic
Then you can get the input using input dialog activity and pass the output obtained from the input dialog activity in type into activity as a input and in select item activity as well
–To know more about input dialog activity
https://activities.uipath.com/docs/input-dialog

Cheers @da_7856

1 Like

Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @da_7856

1 Like

well did that work buddy @da_7856

Thanks a lot @Palaniyappan. It worked. As a summary for other readers: I configured an “Input Dialog” activity with my drop-box list (input option as an array) and then, this selection becomes an input for the “Select Item” activity.

Regards,

1 Like

Thats great
Cheers @da_7856

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.