Robot running indefinitely, when SAP disconnects

Hi,
we are running the robot from orchestrator and the below scenario occurred twice since we moved it to prod.
Scenario - SAP gets disconnected and the robot just waits on the screen indefinitely without throwing any time out exception or element not found exception. we have to kill it from orchestrator. I checked the timeout value as well and its just 2 minutes. Did anyone experience similar situations, where robot runs forever and what can we do to avoid it.

hi @priyatham

i have seen this issue but i don’t know the issue.

To avoid this long run you can use stop after property in orchestrator schedules

Regards
Ajay

This process runs whole day, processing each queue item and we don’t want to stop/kill after some time. Have you raised this issue to Uipath? Did you get any answer from them?

HI
I don’t english
Answer in Japanese
sorry
SAPの画面遷移やEXCELの出力を行う箇所のアクティビティのプロパティを変更したらいけたよ。
場所は共通の実行後の待機時間っていう所で画面が表示されるまでの時間+2、3秒を入れてやればいけるようになったよ

We are seeing the same with SAP disconnects despite any error handling we have tried to implement for this. Is there anything new on how this could be solved?

You can do this work by add activity to check connection into SAP server ( check Ping method )… if has problem then stop program.

@Cristian_Ivan Check out this thread.

In our case the SAP connection drops randomly then a separate window pops up with the “connection dropped” message. The bot loses focus because that window is not expected. Short of checking for this window after every UI selector, has anyone else identified a way to recover?

The issue occurs more frequently during peak SAP processing times and it occurs randomly during the month. The connection always works when we log in again which is why we want the bot to gracefully recover from this error.

1 Like

Hi Bro…

We can retry to check about 3 times ( 5 mins/one time ) before stop program.

Any thoughts on this UiPath?

HI @MattWW

You are responding to the thread which is almost 2 years old :slight_smile:

“Any thoughts” on what?

Open a new thread, describe your situation and then I can have some thoughts

Best regards, Lev

1 Like