Robot is not logging in windows?

Hello all,

Just a quick question.

We have a scheduled robot to run on a laptop from Orchestrator online, and we have applied the right credentials for the robot.

After 20 minutes, the laptop is locked out by organization policy, and when the robot is triggered it runs a few activities while the computer is locked and stops until we manually log in, it continues.

How can we make the robot to login by itself? :grin:

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Salem_Ababneh,

Instead of Re Login to laptop.

can’t we Code the Bot to work even when the laptop is locked.

Background Automation is what I mean here.

Mukesh

3 Likes

Hi @Salem_Ababneh,

You might have used activities and selectors in your project that require active accessibility. I’d suggest you do this:

1. The point of break, where exactly the bot stops working, please try to figure that out from the execution logs/orchestrator logs
  2. Post that every activity should be followed by a log message and try to see if activity can be change to simulate type or send window messages.
  3. The log messages would help you debug, where exactly the bot is failing.
  4. Change one activity at a time to simulate type and run again. Once you find what works, it would be a sweet spot to change the entire automation, you might have to change certain things such as introduce find elements to add dynamic wait times etc.

Thanks,
Jatin

1 Like

Hi @Salem_Ababneh
I think whay you need to do is to stop the locking of the laptop.Because on my perspective theres a bot running on that laptop and theres no need to lock the laptap.But if you desire to changes you codes you need to change the propereties of your activities to run in to the background.

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

3 Likes

Much appreciated the responses guys :grin:

But is there a way to make Orchestrator unlock the laptop?

Because somethings that we are using have image recognition which does not work properly in the background.

And our company policy won’t allow any laptop/desktop to be unlocked when 20+ inactive.

1 Like

@Salem_Ababneh

How About writing an Code that keeps the laptop busy in the background or using software like “Keep it busy”

Mukesh

1 Like

That’s a nice workaround!

But there is no way to make the robot unlock the machine right?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.