Windows Login Using Orchestrator and Performing Background Activities

Hello Developers,
This is my first post so if I make any mistakes please let me know. I have tried to Auto-login into Locked Windows using Orchestrator Assets by providing Credentials for each individual Unattended Robot but it is not working as I thought it would be.
I think the bot logs in into the locked system via backend and performs all the required activities. I want to perform a PowerShell Script which after logging in.
I have a few questions:

1. Can someone please explain to me how does the bot actually execute if the System is locked?
  2. If the bot executes in the backend, can I use .BAT FILE to execute PowerShell Scripts?
  3. If the task is scheduled using Orchestrator and the activities to be performed are Front End, will the bot status in Orchestrator change to Pending and the bot will execute once a user logs into the system?
  4. Is there any way to Shutdown system which is locked? I have tried with PowerShell Scripting, it didn’t work.
  5. What is Log into console in Orchestrator Robot settings?

I didn’t really understand by searching it online.

Other Developers are allowed to add any related queries to this thread.

Thanks and Regards,
iHawk07

@iHawk07

If you are using Unattended BOT and Scheduled through Orchestrator then BOT will login to locked system automatically and will perform all actions. Once it done then will logoff from that machine.

If you want to shutdown the system then install below Package from Uipath GO.

https://go.uipath.com/component/system-power-activities-6d1dd8

1 Like
  1. Bot should be able to log into the machine with the credentials that were provided. This is possible since the Robot Agent runs as a service in Windows (more info [here])(Service). I am not 100% sure, but I think I remember reading that this is not possible with Community Edition license, but is with Enterprise.
2 Likes

The Robot will connect to the server like an remote desktop session would, they do not use orchestrator credential assets for this, it is configured in orchestrator robots and machines instead, if you need to run powershell, there is an activity that can be used in your processes, also mostly anything can be executed in the server by the robots, shutdown of the machine can also be done by several ways, but then next job will fail if exists. Log in to console must be same as “mstsc /admin” which will force the remote connection to use id 0, as if the robot was in the console of the server.

1 Like

The Bot will login like a human or in the background? I wanted the bot to log in like a human, perform activities and log off once it is all complete. I think the bot doesn’t login like a human.

If I use this and upload my bot on bot store, it will create a dependency to download this activity right? or the bot will automatically download the required dependencies?

To run the bot using Orchestrator, do I need UiPath Studio Running in the system because I have tried without UiPath Studio closed, the Job Status in Orchestrator shows the Bot is Pending and once I open the UiPath Studio, it runs!

1 Like

@iHawk07 ,@lakshman is there any update on this?
I am stuck on this part as well.