Robot error 'Cannot create unknown type'

Hi all,

I have developed a bot on Studio 2020.4.3

I copy the package .nupkg file to VM where UiPath Robot is installed (no Orchestrator) and usually this deploys the bot fine. However, this particular bot is failing to run due to the below error.

I believe this may be something to do with the packages that are installed on my local machine versus the packages on the VM. How do I update the packages on the VM so that they are aligned and this will run?

**An error appeared while executing OSHC_DataTranslator **
Error message: Cannot create unknown type ‘{http://schemas.uipath.com/workflow/activities}ShouldStop’.
RemoteException wrapping System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterException: Cannot create unknown type ‘{http://schemas.uipath.com/workflow/activities}ShouldStop’.
at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.WriteStartObject(XamlType xamlType)
at System.Xaml.XamlWriter.WriteNode(XamlReader reader)
at System.Xaml.XamlServices.Transform(XamlReader xamlReader, XamlWriter xamlWriter, Boolean closeWriter)
at System.Activities.XamlIntegration.FuncFactory1.Evaluate() at System.Activities.DynamicActivity.OnInternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings) at System.Activities.Activity.InternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivity(ChildActivity childActivity, ChildActivity& nextActivity, Stack1& activitiesRemaining, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList1& validationErrors, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivityTreeCore(ChildActivity currentActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors) at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.CacheRootMetadata(Activity activity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.ValidateWorkflow(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.RegisterExtensionManager(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.EnsureInitialized()
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Enqueue(InstanceOperation operation, Boolean push)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.SimpleOperationAsyncResult.Run(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.BeginRun(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.d__88.MoveNext()
Packageserror

Hi,

Generally, this error is caused by lack of Activities package, as you guessed.

If the robot can access UiPath official feed in the internet, it will be automatically downloaded.
However, it fails if the robot is closed network or setting of proxy is not good etc.

Either the following might be able to solve this matter.

• Copy all the folder in %USERPROFILE%\.nuget\packages from PC of Studio to PC of Robot.

• Install "local activity feed" to robot using installer if not in previous.

• Fix proxy settings if it can access to the internet.

Regards,

I’m having this issue with a custom library do you have any idea why the bot isn’t downloading the package from orchestrator? It is only happening with one bot and on one job. the same package is used in other jobs and the job runs fine.

Was this issue resolved ? if so could you provide solution? thanks

Hi,
I had this error, I fixed it opening the Automation in Studio and then updating the packages. The error was due the Automation was using an old and not available version of the package.
After that I saved and upload and it was fixed in all the robots.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.