Robot error 0x00000001

Hello,
I am deploying robot to production of a client. It is on virtual machine with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 DataCenter. The robot is making a connection to Microsoft Dynamic NAV. After start is working for a few minutes then stops at random and this error appears on screen

Development took place on community edition 19.8.0, then it was migrated on Enterprise 19.4.4
I searched internet for that error code, but couldn’t find anything related to UIPath. All that I found was windows error 0x00000001 that translates to APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, which doesn’t seem to be related with UIPath. After checking with event viewer this is what is logged there.

Any advice will be welcome!
P.S. I dont have Administrator rights on that machine.

Hi @dpaskov,
Welcome to the Community!
How migration from 19.8 to 19.4 was done? Have all packages and dependencies been lowered with their version and workflow checked on Studio 19.4 before sending to Robot?

Hello @Pablito,
I made new installation on new machine, registered it and copied the folder with the workflows. First I had problem with json file - the studio couldn’t find project version. After checking few threads in the forums I figured that the problem was json file and deleted it. After opening the Main.xaml new json was created and everything seemed fine. I then checked the needed packages and updated them to latest versions from studio. After validating the workflows to check if everything is fine I published it then and there from the studio and just started it with the Robot console. Then the problems began. After running for few minutes it stops at random and displays the error above. I’ve checked the code in Google and it doesn’t seem to have any solution anywhere, neither has anyone encounter similar problem. Keep in mind that the client’s policy prohibit me from Admin rights on the machine and whole OS and drivers installation was made out of my reach from their IT team. I’m not sure if its related, but had to mention it since this code of the error almost always leads to Microsoft site and explains that is most likely to be driver issue.

It’s very possible about what you said. To be honest there is only one way to find out. Try to re-create project on native Studio version which is used in environment. You will see if it will throw the same error.

Project is still on the computer with the community edition which is testing environment, and there everything is fine. Its working nonstop for two days straight. Testing machine is different virtual machine with same parameters, only studio is different.

Yes, that’s why I mentioned the try with re-creation. Because “trick” with removing json file etc. is not any official way and we are not guarantee that this will work. Unfortunate Studio projects are not compatible back as every new version of packages and application core can work totally different.

Will it be more convenient if I reinstall whole UIPath Platform and migrate just xaml files without any other configuration and re-publish it from version 19.4.4.

This will be no difference from removing json file. Xaml file have also activities configuration inside and this can be different than in newer version.

So you are suggesting to rebuild it from scratch with 19.4.4 studio ?
This will be quite challenge because last development took like 4 weeks, and now rebuilding all the selectors will be almost impossible.

Yes, unfortunate :frowning:
That’s why in documentation we mentioned to avoid of creating project on newer studio and run it on older version:

From what I see in the documentation and few forum threads backward compatibility refers to running the project on older versions. But my robot is actually starting and doing what is suppose to do, all activities work properly and there is nothing that hints if there is any problem with versions and packages. I’ve checked Package Manager, checked the new json file that was created from studio with the old one from community edition and the only difference was this :

NEW JSON:
{
“name”: “MainProcessingPayments”,
“description”: “Process Payments”,
“main”: “Main.xaml”,
“dependencies”: {
“AdvanceExcel”: “[1.0.9]”,
“PDF_Activities”: “[1.0.2]”,
“UiPath.ComputerVision.Activities”: “[2.1.0]”,
“UiPath.Excel.Activities”: “[2.6.3]”,
“UiPath.Mail.Activities”: “[1.6.0]”,
“UiPath.PDF.Activities”: “[3.0.0]”,
“UiPath.System.Activities”: “[19.8.0]”,
“UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities”: “[19.8.0-ce]”,
“UiPath.Vision”: “[1.8.0]”
},
“webServices”: ,
“schemaVersion”: “3.2”,
“studioVersion”: “19.4.4.0”,
“projectVersion”: “2.2.9”,
“runtimeOptions”: {
“autoDispose”: false,
“isPausable”: true,
“excludedLoggedData”: [
“Private:*”,
password
]
},
“libraryOptions”: {
“includeOriginalXaml”: false,
“privateWorkflows”:
},
“arguments”: {
“input”: ,
“output”:
}
}

OLD JSON:
{
“name”: “MainProcessingPayments”,
“description”: “Process Payments”,
“main”: “Main.xaml”,
“dependencies”: {
“AdvanceExcel”: “[1.0.9]”,
“PDF_Activities”: “[1.0.2]”,
“UiPath.ComputerVision.Activities”: “[2.1.0]”,
“UiPath.Excel.Activities”: “[2.6.3]”,
“UiPath.Mail.Activities”: “[1.6.0]”,
“UiPath.PDF.Activities”: “[3.0.0]”,
“UiPath.System.Activities”: “[19.8.0]”,
“UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities”: “[19.8.0-ce]”,
“UiPath.Vision”: “[1.8.0]”
},
“webServices”: ,
“schemaVersion”: “4.0”,
“studioVersion”: “19.7.0.0”,
“projectVersion”: “1.0.0”,
“runtimeOptions”: {
“autoDispose”: false,
“isPausable”: true,
“requiresUserInteraction”: true,
“supportsPersistence”: false,
“excludedLoggedData”: [
“Private:*”,
password
],
“executionType”: “Workflow”
},
“designOptions”: {
“projectProfile”: “Developement”,
“outputType”: “Process”,
“libraryOptions”: {
“includeOriginalXaml”: false,
“privateWorkflows”:
}
},
“expressionLanguage”: “VisualBasic”
}`

But you need to remember that newer activities packages have more features (sometimes different coding) and older version can’t “understand” it. This can provide to errors, that’s why project re-creation can be needed here.

Hello,
I just want to update you, that by the time we speak the workflow is working on a different machine with version 19.4.4 for 40 min. and counting. I’ll watch it closely next few hours and if this error does not appear I’ll update the thread that the problem is most likely to be the OS or drivers.

2 Likes

It is incredible that a tool that is in the gartner quadrant every time it has an update affects the developments already stabilized in Production. My Process just gave me that error, when I migrated it to Windows from Windows-legacy, when I ran it in Debug in my Studio and it went well. When it has been launching in UiPath Assistant without problem until the last 2 updates. And on top of that, the solution you give is that we redo the process. Who assumes the price of the new development? Because UiPath no. Either you start to solve the tickets that are open for real or I will have to recommend to my bosses that they avoid this automation tool.