Robot doesn't work when Lock screen with Community Edition

hello

My robot can work normally when the screen is unlocked, but when the screen is locked, it cannot operate the browser, including OCR image and text recognition functions.

I know how to deal with type into activities with simulateType properties that can run in the background,but others not have this properties how to do,for example OCR?

I use the community version,The robot has been set to be unattended, but it doesn’t work。

Thank you for your help

Unattended Robot has authorized to sign-on on your machine even it’s locked.

may I know how you run your Job?

Thank you for your reply
Log on to a system,type into username and password and Identification verification code with OCR
when robot begin run the screen not automatically unlocked,so cannot login。

the robot is unattended @irahmat

hmmm… are ur robots connected with Orchestrator?

yes~ Orchestrator trigger the robot work
when unlocked it works,when locked cannot login @irahmat

could you check the error message on the job details in the orchestrator?

your robot installed on VM or PC?

Like I said before, Orchestartor will sign on to your VM or PC automatically even they are locked…

you said your process works normally if you are unlocked the screen by remote or by manual sign on as human does. but when the screen is locked ur process is not works.

if your robot installed on VM, I guess the issue because of resolution. you need to add resolution screen size on log message to ensure the resolution size is same between unlocked and locked.

hope it will help u

@irahmat
installed on notebook
this is my settings
the setting if right?Are there any other settings?

but i found this post said “ The feature has been removed, we cannot enable to login feature now.”

Is this feature still available?

Hi thanks for update. I have no problem on my VM. let me try on my notebook first. I will give u update after that.

I just update my Robot and Studio CE to the latest version.

yes, the unlocked screen features has been removed but the process will run in the background.

I created a simple process that only have log message, no Ui Interraction.

I don’t like it why they remove this features. some system need to unlocked so the robot can recognice element and some policy will locked the screen automatically within the certain time which is will impact to the processes.

1 Like

@irahmat If so, there’s no way. I must hold the screen for a while and never lock it.
Thank you very much. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

thanks to you too.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.