Robot account used during development/debug

Let’s say I have a process which connect to a database using windows authentication. (So I can’t use any other user, but that one, my user does not have permissions on the database)

I have the credentials of the service account with access to the database. I am unsure how should I configure the robot in UiPath in the modern way.

1. Option 1
    Robot Account - but how I will debug / code because only unattended robot is created for this type of account

2. Option 2
    User with attended and unattended robot enabled.

What is the “right” way to use same service account in attended for development/debug and same time in unattended mode? Is it ok to use the “User” tab, even if the service account does not impersonate any user?

Hey @Oana_Georgiana_Vasile

In both cases the account username will be the username logged in the machine where the bot is installed.

Thanks
#nK

Yes, but I would like to know if “Robot account” is recommended in my case scenario, considering that “Robot accounts” can’t connect in attended mode.

Hey @Oana_Georgiana_Vasile

You are right. If that’s gonna be an Un-Attended bot only running remotely from a server machine then it’s fine to go with robot user.

Thanks
#nK