Right Click To Create Variable Not Working in Studio

Hello,

I’m going through the foundation training and shows right-clicking in the properties pane as a shortcut to create a variable. I’ve tried on two different computers and right-clicking doesn’t pull up any menu. The keyboard shortcut of ctrl-k doesn’t work either. I always have to use the “variables” tab in the main window to create variables.

Thanks,
Jerry

P.S. I just downloaded and installed UIPath Studio so I am running 2018.3.1

Right click in the properties panel yes, but its the box where you want the variable is where you have to right click :slight_smile:

The ctrl+k option works when you click into the box where you want to create a variable and do a ctrl+k (same logic as above)

Saved you all the time to go to the panel :sunglasses:

1 Like

No right-clicking works for me in the properties pane, only in the main workflow pane can I right-click and have a menu pop up.

1 Like

Right click dosent work when you click anywhere in the pane
You have to click the empty box where you want a a variable and then right click

Let me break it down for you:
State 1: I have not done anything so it looks like this

State 2: I clicked the text box

State 3 : I right click into the box

3 Likes

I see what I was missing. Right-clicking in the box doesn’t work unless you first left click in the box.

Thanks

1 Like

Bingo! :dart:

[Please mark appropriate answer as solution to your question for others to refer quickly if they have the same question]