Retrieve details from UiElement variable

I am trying to find the information (such as position) of a specific text from a web page by using FindText activity. The output to is a UiElement type variable.

How do I retrieve the relevant details, e.g. the position from above UiElement variable?

Thank you and look forward to your advice.

Just re-post my questions:

I am trying to find the information (such as position) of a specific text from a web page by using FindText activity. The output to is a UiElement type variable .

How do I retrieve the relevant details, e.g. the details of Position, Selector, etc from above UiElement variable?

Thank you and look forward to your advice.

Hello, @GhostBuster

Thank you for your inquiery, to be honest it will be better if you privde us details of your selector and an image would help, also if you can send us the xaml you have so far it will be nice.

Regards

Hi, @beesheep

Thank you for your reply. Here is what I want:

I have a web page with columns A & B. Column A is simply a description (not clickable) and B is the link corresponding to A. The selectors of A and B are almost identical, except for the values of “tag”. Unfortunately, the value of “id” is a random number which is unknown.

My intention is to use “Find text position” to identify column A and save the output to a UiElement variable A which I believe contains the info of selector A.

I am now stuck at either
(1) how to convert the variable A to a new variable B with the info of Select B, or
(2) how to extract select A (particularly the random number “12345”) from a UiElement variable so that I can create selector B accordingly.

1 Like

Look that this website of yours perhaps has the href if you look more into the selector:

see that the div class is Denmark but the a href is a link, I think we can do something better with that, but I have achived what you want

Hi @ GhostBuster,

why dont u use get attribute activity most important info will be there :slight_smile: