Regarding Assets in Config file

Hello RPA experts,

How can i use assets from the config file.My scenario is i am not using orchestrator nor windows credential manger for getting the credential.I have to use excel config file which contain all the assets.

In my scenario what will the way to secure my assets and how can i use it in my UiStudio.

Can anyone please help me asap??

Regards,
Kanthesh

1 Like

You can write your own code by reading config file and applying for each loop on it in below way

Or you can directly use InitAllSettings.xaml and it will return you a Config argument as Dictionary

After using this you can read Assets by their name in Config.xlsx sheet

Config("AssetName").ToString

Thanks,
Prankur

1 Like

Hi Prankur,

Thank you for your Replay.

In assets sheet i have entered All the credentials

and now i have to type my username and password to a website.

For Entering username i will use “TypeInto” activity with passing arguments as “config(“System1_username”).tostring”

And for entering password i have to use “typesecurestring” activity.While using this activity i cannot pass the argument data because it asks for secure string inthis case i cannot use “config(“System1_password”).tostring” it gives me an error as “string cannot be converted to secure string”

In this case what should i do??

Regards,
Kanthesh

See this

String To SecureString

SecureString secure_str = new NetworkCredential(String.Empty, yourStringVariable).SecurePassword;

Thanks,
Prankur

1 Like

Hi Prankur,

Get Assets activity is giving me output as generic value,then what is the use of "Get asset " Activity??

Yes, i have tried this it worked but my only concern is my password is secured???

You have to make it secure by converting it to secure string.

Thanks,
Prankur

can you please tell me what is the use of GET ASSET activity??

It will fetch asset value from Orchestrator.

If you want to fetch from Config file you will have to convert your value to secure string

Thanks,
Prankur

Then what does Get Credential activity do???

Get Credentials fetches credentials from Orchestrator and Get Asset fetches the plain value.

Credentials are secured while plain text is not

Thanks,
Prankur

2 Likes

Thank you Prankur, I think i got my answer…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.