REFramework System Exception

Hi,

In REFramwork if there is a System Exception the process go to End State where we Close/Kill Applications. Is there a way to send to End State from which state the System Exception coming from?

Depending on which window the System Exception happened, I have to navigate to the Exit window.

Thank you,

Hi @A_Learner

If a System Exception occurs since the process will be enclosed within an Try Catch you can catch that Exception by using Re-Throw and in the Set Transaction State xaml you can process the code of Exit Window under System Exception. This would be a better way of Handling the exception.

Do the required process inside the System Exception at the highlighted place in below picture.

This should handle the exception efficiently.

Hope it helps!!
Regards

1 Like

Thank you, @mkankatala

What does the End Process do now if I do the above?

Also I am using Data Table and Studi 2020.10
Can you please show where the Rethrow would go specifically?

Thank you,

Hi @A_Learner

Check out this video this must give you clear idea on using datatables in RE-Framework and Exception handling

Regards

@mkankatala
I can move the close application process in "et transaction status.xaml in System Exception path. But I did not get rethrow. Where I do rethrow, why is it needed here to rethrow.

Thanks,

@A_Learner

Your process in Process Transaction State is encapsulated within Try Catch right so in the catch section you can use ReThrow.

Hope you understand!!
Regards

Thank you. Is it needed to do the additional exit process in System Exception path in SetTransaction Status?

@A_Learner

When System Exception it moves to Set Transaction Ststus xaml right there you can do the required actions to exit the application.

or else check out this thread too this will also help for you.

Regards

Thank you @mkankatala
Appreciative of all the information. Regards,

1 Like

@A_Learner

If you are satisfied with the solution please mark it as solution to close the topic. Glad to have helped.

Happy Automation

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.